Stomach Pains

João-12
Samira-9
Amir-6

"Mommy?" I looked up when I heard João on the other side of the door.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes. You can go back to sleep baby"

"What's wrong?" He asked again. Knowing he wouldn't go away until he knew I was fine I flushed the toilet, rinsed my mouth out and opened the door.

"Hi mommy. Do you feel sick? I can make you some tea. Daddy says I make really good tea."

"Yeah?"

"Uh huh" he smiled, making me smile. He recently began the process to get braces and I think I made a mistake. I feel like I should've waited until he was older.

"I'll take some tea. Thank you"

"Welcome!" He skipped off, giving me enough time to do what I was doing. I took a quick shower before getting dressed, closing the curtains and laying down.

"Here mommy." He brought me my cup of tea before laying beside me and asking if I was okay.

"I'm okay, my love. My tummy is just cramping a little bit."

"Do you have your period?"

"No, what do you know about that?"

"You know when girls. . . Their private parts bleed and stuff and they need pads and chocolate." I smiled knowing that that's what Jamie told him.

"You're so adorable, Joey" he smiled shyly. As he got older I realized that he didn't change much. Personality wise, because physically he changed a lot.  He got taller, skinnier, darker and has a big curly afro.

"So you don't get your period or is it just not here yet?"

"I get it sometimes. Don't you find this weird?"

"Not really. One day I'll have a girlfriend and maybe even a daughter." I was happy to know that although he was still quite playful and silly, he was mature enough to have conversations about these things.

"Ow. Ow ow ow." I hissed in pain when my stomach started cramping again. I didn't even know I'd it was, it was way worse than normal menstrual cramps.

"Should I call daddy?"

"No, it's alright.

"Are you sure?" He asked, getting up and walking into the closet.

"Yes, baby. Don't worry. Come watch this movie with me."

He came out with a heating pad, plugging it into the bedside table and placing it on my stomach.

"João"

"Yes. . . Am I in trouble?" I shook my head.

"Who have you been taking care of?"

"No one. This is just what I see daddy do when you're not feeling well."

It was moments like this that made me so proud of Jamie. I'd take a picture and send it to him later but it's on the charger.

"I'm going to call papa"

"I'm fine, baby. It's okay."

"No, something is wrong and you're trying to hide it."

"No I'm not-" just as I said that I began to spew sick everywhere which pissed me off because now I have to clean all of this up.

"Hi daddy, Mommy is really sick and she keeps saying she's fine but she's not and she says her stomach hurts and she's throwing up."

"Joey, I'm fine."