Jamina

Amina-

"Are you hungry,bubba?" I asked Jamie, looking down when I heard his stomach rumble.

"Why didn't you say something? When's the last time you ate?"

"I don't know. I didn't want to seem needy" I shook my head getting up.

"You have to eat, baby. Next time you're hungry, speak up. A closed mouth doesn't get fed."

"Where are you going?" He stood up following me to the bathroom.

"I'm going to run to the market, do you know what you want to eat?"

"I'll eat whatever"

"No. What do you want to eat?"

"I don't know." I sighed going downstairs to see what I had. He followed close behind me which I found a little strange but didn't say anything.

"You have to figure out what you want to eat so I can hurry and cook, baby"

"You can make what you have here" He spoke quietly, looking down.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing"

"Don't say nothing because something is wrong. I'm sorry if I'm coming off aggressively but I'm worried about you. You need to eat and I want you to know that you don't have to ask to eat here and you can voice when you're hungry. I will make you something to eat. We've been up for hours, If I didn't say anything you probably wouldn't have said anything."

"I'm sorry"

"Don't apologize, bubba. I'm just saying. You're not there anymore. Your food intake is not restricted. You don't have to ask. Take what you want."

"I didn't want to bother you"

"It's not bothering me, baby. I don't mind making you something to eat or grabbing you a snack."

"What's that?" He asked pointing to the tupperware.

"What? My leftovers?"

"Yes. I want that"

"Of course you do. You don't even know what it is." I took the lid off and put it in the microwave making sure to cover it with a splatter guard.

"You're not allergic to anything right?" He shook his head.

I hugged him as his food warmed up. He kissed my forehead making me smile.

"Thank you"

"You're welcome." As soon as the microwave beeped he let go of me and opened it.

"Babe, come eat at the table"

"Why?"

"I don't want curry on my sofa."

"I won't spill. Come sit with me please"

I looked at him and sat down at the table, slicing my mango. He huffed and sat down beside me.

"You act like a big baby,  you know"

He began stuffing his face which turned me off immediately.

"Stop scarfing your food. It's not going anywhere. And hold your spoon properly." He held his spoon in his fist like a five year old.

"Leave me alone, babe" He mumbled before continuing to eat. 

He looked at me when he dropped food on the floor. I cut my eyes at him but didn't say anything.

"Sorry, sorry" he stood up grabbing a napkin

"Sit and eat. Sit down" I got a magic eraser to clean it before it stained.

"What do you want to drink? Want some of this sparkling water you like?"

"Sanpelligrino?" I brought him a few things he said he likes. The rest I wanted to buy when he got out.

"I have those, do you want a cold one or room temp."

"Room temp" I put the can in front of him, wiping the food he spilled off the table.

"This is really good. Thank you, babe"

"No problem, Still hungry, want something sweet? I made some coconut and sweet potato pudding."

"I'm okay"

I still made him a plate of the sweet dessert.

"Try it"

"You're going to make me fat" He spooned the pudding into his mouth.

"Oh, this is really good."

"It's not like my mama's but I tried. There's nothing wrong with being fat. Just means you're fed well and taken care of. You'll keep me nice and warm."

"You act like an auntie" He chuckled. I shrugged, oh well. I sat in his lap opening my mouth to be fed.

I cleared my throat when he ignored me. 

"Feed me, you won't like me when I'm hangry" I whispered in his ear. He smiled holding the spoon up to me.

"Mmm, Thank you, baby"

"You're a brat" He pecked my lips before finishing his food, making sure to feed me every other bite.

"I'm your brat now" I told him taking his spoon.

[Im working on the chapter book.  I wanted to include more of Jamie & Amina's story.]