Riding In A Cop Car

⚠️Light Physical Discipline⚠️

"911 what is your emergency"

"Babe, you don't need them. They can't help." Jamie tried to take the Phone from his distraught wife.

"Ma'am? Is everything okay? Are you in immediate danger?"

"No. She's panicking because our son isn't home yet."

"Ma'am I'm sure he's okay, Ma'am. I will begin sending some officers to look for him, okay?"

"Okay"

"I just need a few details. His name, height,weight, what clothes he was wearing, any distinctive features and skin color."

"His name is João. He's fourteen, about 170cm and 56kg-"

"Five seven for height and about one twenty three for weight." Jamie corrected knowing they used the imperial system and not the metric one.

"Tell me what he looks like."

"Tall, slim, dark skin, his hair is braided into cornrows. He's wearing his school uniform. It's the Prep academy uniform. It's a dark green blazer, white polo, dark gray trousers, a tie and dress shoes. He has a scar through his left eyebrow. Please find my child"

"We have a few squad cars driving around the city now"

"Thank you and Ma'am. Make sure they don't lay a finger on him or use any unnecessary force. If I hear that they so much as push or grab him too hard I will sue the police department-"

"Babe. Relax. They're not going to hurt him. Thank you ma'am"

"No problem. We will call once we're updated."

"Thank you"

"If they hurt my boy. I will lose my shit." Amina sat down with her head in her hands.

"I know, baby. They won't hurt him."

"They better not."

"I'm going to beat his ass. Who does he think he is? It's eight at night. He's fourteen years old."

"He's probably out playing football with his friends or something. You've been fourteen before"

"I have, and I've never been out past eight until I was out of my parent's house. I need a drink."

"Babe, stop. You dont even drink"

"I'm scared, Jamie. Why are you not panicking?"

"Because, I'm sure he's fine. That and you're already panicking. We can't both panic. My panic will set in, in a few days. When it really dawns on me how much could've happened in these few hours. I guess it's a dad thing"

She flipped him off, checking her phone, for an update.

"I'm nervous"

"He's okay"

"I'm scared. We raised him in a bubble. He can't survive on the streets by himself. He's sensitive and fragile. What if someone's messing with him or something?"

"He knows Jiu-Jitsu"

"Can you stop being a dick for one second."

"I was being serious, I know that you're afraid, baby.  Honestly I am too. But he's a good kid, I doubt that he's got himself in serious trouble."

-

"João?" João turned around when he heard his name and got ready to take off when he saw the police. 

"Don't run. Don't run!" The girl that he was with grabbed his wrist so he didn't run off.

"I didn't do anything."