Amina's New Boyfriend [2]

I Looked up pushing Sonsini off of me when I saw him standing in the doorway.

"Jamie-"

"This is what we're doing now?"

"We're not together." I raised my bare left hand.

"Who's not together?" He walked over to my desk, standing in front of it.

"Us. Did you want to meet my new man?" the dirty look he gave me almost made me laugh. Almost.

"Get out. Get out and if I see you near my wife again I'll beat the hell out of you, you hear?" His neck was getting all red.

"Listen. Amina has made it clear that you two are no longer together-" He adjusted his pants and I knew either he was going to beat the breaks off of him or shoot him. And I didn't want either for him.

"Sonsini, I'll talk to you later. Can you give us a minute?" He nodded leaving the room.

"Call me if you need me."

"She won't be calling." Jamie slammed the door in his face and locked it.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I ignored him not ready to really handle this right now.

"I know you hear me." He pulled my chair back from my desk.

"I heard you, but I know you're not talking to me like that."

"Do you think I'm playing with you? You wanna be fucking around with that. . . That wet rat?"

"Answer me!" He tapped my cheek and I looked at him. I didn't know he was upset for real. Now I'm in some shit.

"Jamie-"

"Yes or no"

"We did go on a date. Made things official. The kids are warming up to him." Maybe it's not the full truth but I know it'll get a reaction out of him.

"The kids!? You're going to make me kill him"

"Why do you have to turn to violence?"

"So that I don't hurt you"

"Hurt me?"

"Not physically, Amina. I'm saying if I did all the shit you did To piss me off you'd be hurt. If I brought random women home to our children and jumped into another relationship days after our divorce you'd be hurt. Is that what you want?"

"I really don't care. We're not together."

"Alright."