Daddy's Boy [1.5]

“Mister? Hello?” João pushed the guest room door open, it was about six in the morning and for some strange reason, his mama wasn't awake.

“Mister!” João ran over to Jamie who had his curtains open, doing push-ups. He grunted when João jumped on him.

“ Morning mister”

“Good morning João” He smiled when the four-year-old kissed his cheek.

“Wanna be strong!” He flexed his muscles

“Wow, put those guns away, kid” he joked

“What guns mister? Mama doesn't like guns”

“It's a joke, want to go for a run?”

“Yes! We have to wear pajamas”

“Sounds fun. Let's go. Where's your sweater, it's getting a little chilly outside.” João pushed the closet door to the right and grabbed his sweater. His mama hung it so high he couldn't reach it he pulled on it and kept pulling.

“Help Mister!”

“One second, bub. Stop pulling it” Jamie put his running shoes on before walking over and helping him into his clothes and shoes.

“Come along, Bubba” João held Jamie's hand while walking out. He locked the door and walked João down to the sidewalk.

“Let's run” Jamie jogged slowly

“No, no.” João stood in the middle of the sidewalk with a big frown.

“What's wrong?”

“Mama” 

“You want mama? You wanna go home?”

“Mama hold my hand outside. Hafta hold my hand mister or the big guys steal me”

“No one will steal you, mini. Let's go” João grabbed Jamie's hand and skipped down the sidewalk with him.

“Walk fast fast fast, like Sonic!” João began speed walking allowing Jamie to jog a bit.

“That's my neighbor!” He let go running to a man with a Boxer

“João!” Jamie ran after him. He petted the dog who turned around and barked at him. João hid behind Jamie, afraid of the big mean dog. That wasn't his neighbor.

“Tell your kid not to run up to people and pet their dogs. My dog is not friendly.” the man grumbled, grabbing the dog's collar.

“If your dog isn't friendly put him on a leash”

“He doesn't have to wear a leash, keep your kid away from my dog.”

“Keep your dog on a leash, kids are running around all over this neighborhood. He's four and mistook you for a neighborhood. No need to be so rude about it.”

The man looked down and noticed João right away. He lived in the same neighborhood and watched João grow up, however, this dog wasn't the same one that João was used to. This was a rescue dog.

“João”

“I'm João”

“Where's mommy?”

“At home”

“Come, let's go home, Joey”

“No stop” The man grabbed João pulling him over to him, dialing Amina. He didn't recognize Jamie.

“I'm her boyfriend”

Amina groaned, reaching blindly for her phone.

“Hello”