Chapter 35 - Regretfully Decision

Ralph POV...

I see Kai lie on the hospital bed. His chest up and down in even rhythm breathes follows by 'beep' from heart sound machine. Yesterday, he just fine and proudly stands in front other Alphas. What exactly happened to him?

I sniffles the room and detect unnoticeable wolf bane. Rick is standing beside Kai right side. He read the Kai healthy report and frowns.

I can't feel Randall existence, Ralph. Suddenly, Blake screams in my head.

Since, we were here Blake rarely spoke to me. He just spends his time in dreamland. Half of it wants to tear Randall into nothingness, but his other half really misses his mate. Therefore, he settles down to sleep. Now, this scene really shakes his logical resolved.

"Don't worry. This is not the first time his fall into deep sleep." Rick says to assure us.

"Meaning???" Zeus still worries.

"His wolf always falls into deep slumber once in every half a year. But now it quite often, means Kai maybe forgot to take his pills."

"Pills...aren't his health just fine yesterday. As a werewolf, we will never infect by a deadly disease and Kai is Alpha. What the main cause?" Zeus still had question look.

"Maybe the Moon Goddess wanted us to repent our sinner." Rick let out a regretful sigh.

"Damn it... just let me know the cause." Zeus impatient asks.

"Rejection sign...." Rick said in a flat tone...

"What? Isn't that brunette charming lady is your Luna? I don't understand."

"Yes... she is our Luna, but she isn't our rightful Luna. Kai rejected his destiny mate and now his paying for that." Rick stared directly to me.

"Why did he reject his own mate? I mean he should have known the consequence of the rejection. Regardless who is our mate, he or she is ours other half. So, when you reject them mean you're reject yourself." Zeus breathes heavily.

Rick just forces a fake smile after hearing Zeus comment. "Kai's mate is male. As you know, our pack was a homophobic and Kai is straight. He never suspects that his mate was a guy until he turns eighteen. He confused because he in love with current Luna and then one accident happened in ten years ago. Led him to make a roughed decision and finally rejected his mate."

"Where is his true mate whereabouts? If you can find his mate, you might be able to cure your Alpha before the situation turns out of hand"

"He was gone...he banished his mate from pack and married our Luna after breaking his bond mate. Unfortunately, when Kai on his honeymoon the rogues attacked our land. They took his mate too. We tried every source we had to locate his ex-mate but failed. Three months ago, he called off search party; Kai has given up."

I let out a glad breathes when Rick never revealed the name of Kai mate. They both are close friend, so Rick casually called his name without Alpha title. Moreover, Kai is Rick brother-in-law. The realization makes my heart tightened.

"What a fucking stupid action he has done? Just because his mate was male, he rejected him just to be with his first love. He should've known soon or later his mate will appear. He holds the power, so why he was scared with pack opinion? Coward!! And, now he has tasted his own medicine. Its late... his mate may die and Kai health is degenerate." Zeus snapped and cursed.

The room only fills by raging machine sound. All the eyes concentrate on trashing body on bed. Rick gets close to Kai, he caresses Kai chest and whispered, "It's alright, and we will win your mate's heart back after this crisis end. I swear, buddy."