Chapter Part 50 - Old Wounds

Ralph POV

Rion sits beside me, analysis and processing all data in silent. His finger busily tapped the laptop keyboard and his mind-link clearly open to send immediately orders to our subordinates. Kai also busy with the recent rogues and hunters attacks, strengthening his border with collaboration from nearest packs Alpha.

Kai and I supposed to have a big discussion two days ago, but with rogues and hunters attack, he reschedules our discussion to later date. I haven't seen him in two days. He also uses this opportunity to avoid me. Today, I found a note at fridge;

We will discuss the whole thing tomorrow morning - Kai

I jump out from my bed, walked into my sons' room. They clearly look tired looking by their death sleep. I push Lucas bang hair aside, this child is Alpha first born son, destiny to be Midnight Silent next Alpha. He still didn't know that he will shoulder a heavy duty in the future.

These three a naturally born as a leader, will take an Alpha title from three different packs. Luke has an innocent and wise. Born with a powerful elder and an alpha talent Alpha just like his identical brother. A very protective sibling and warm-heartedly person.

Lucian pretty laid back and hyperactive child with high curious level. He took a deep grieving with Lucy death rather than his two brothers. A big spoils because Lucas and Luke always covered his entire mistake. He easier to mingles with others no matter what the person's background.

These three really watch each other back carefully. They just acted laid back to the people they fully trust. My precious treasures.

Blake, I think it's time for me to introduce them to their other father.

Um... Randall starts suspicion about their parental background too.

Ah... I can't promise we'll survive through this war. If anything happens to us, at least our pups have their other father to raise them.

Don't think the negative thing. You're powerful Alpha, the great one but...

Yeah, we lack some power due Kai rejection. Our power supposed to fully unlocked once we found our mate, complete the mating, and always being together.

Yes... Blake let out disappointed whimper.

See for my bloodline, our mate holds a great power to seal and unseal our true power. That thing was to prevent our lineage from carelessly reject our mate.

"Dad, why you look so strange and sad nowadays?" Lucas speak very low to avoid from wake up his sibling.

"Nothing, baby boy. Just the rebel matter starts taking toll to my physical and mental." I cover my anxiety with a weak smile.

"Liar. Dad, please be honest, what's wrong with you?" Lucas slow kicks his blanket and jump into my lap. His eyes fill with worry.

"Baby, you should sleep now. I'm fine. I swear." I assure him

He still scans me carefully, clearly didn't believe with my word. It's so hard to deal with a high perceptive son. It beats your mind hard whatever you have a dangerous mission.

"You will never leave us, right? Promise me, dad." Lucas stare inside my eyes.

A big lump chokes at my nostril when he stares straight into my eyes to find an honest answer. Damn, their instinct really hit the nail.

"Yes, baby..." my voice still crack.

I carry Lucas outside the bedroom, walk into a living room. We sit at comfy couch with Lucas still on my lap. I hit a remote control button; search a movie that suitable for us to watch together. Lucas rests his head on my neck, draw in my scent every few minutes, to erase his anxiety.