Chapter 58 - Baby

Ralph POV

In a blink of eyes, Kurt appears in Kai makeshift labor room. Sam arrives with the pack doctor and one nurse. The pack's doctor act as a Kurt's assistant. It's also a good lesson to pass a skill to this trusty doctor considering my DNA had entered this pack. I mean to prepare for an uncertain future, in Lucas, Luke and Ian case.

Kurt places an IV in a Kai's arm to give fluids and medication during surgery. Then, he hooks the heart machine on to my mate to monitor our baby heartbeat and movement. His contractions become irregular wave like motion. He tries to hide it, but I can feel the dull sensation attack the same part of me. He keeps put a brave smile, but flattered every time the waves become longer and stronger.

"Love... I... I'm sorry... how you held all this pain? I only carry one, but the pain... it so fucking painful." Kai tightens his hand when another wave hit him.

"Babe, look at me. That was an old history. This child is our new page... a proof when we finalize ourselves as a mate. Don't think anything bad anymore." I kiss his sweating forehead. Kai nods his head. His eyes were watering. I don't know whether it was cause of the pain or his self-guilt.

I keep our hand clap together. We change some silly story to distract him from his fear and nervousness. I know what he feels inside, the joyful and a fear. The joy because we have finally would meet our newest family member. The fear because there are uncertain may happen during the process. We may have a happy ending or vice versa.

I couldn't stay calm when the bad risks pop up in my mind. I hardened my own feeling to avoid Kai from sense it or put unnecessary feeling or thinking during the C-section process. I put my faith on his strength as a State strongest an Alpha.

"I'll inject anaesthesia now." Kurt informs us. I take Kai hand; put a kiss to ease his fear. He gives me an assure smile. I caress his damp hair cause by his sweat.

"Alpha gives a sign when you feel numb. We start soon because the baby is ready to meet you two." Kurt continues said. He pushes his thumb around Kai bloating stomach while his eyes fix on Kai's face. To detect any discomfort emotion.

"Ralph, I'll start cutting his stomach now. Please make sure he stays awake until the process done." Blake growl when hears the cutting word. I nodded my head, fighting Blake from emerging in surface.

"Calm down, babe. It's okay... everything is okay. We could overcome this small trial too. This day would be our starting point. No more, suffer any more miserable life. I promise to always stay by your forever." The blood scent hit my nose. Blake becomes more restless.

"Thank...you... love. I promise to compensate all you have lost because my stupidity. I love you too." Kai muttered slowly.

I would tighten our hand, whenever I sense his feeling wavering and his eyes unfocused. It dreads to see your beloved got paler in each second pass. Blake claw and howl inside me.

"Babe... I love you too more than you ever imagine. You're my first and last lover, I had. You want to know something? I had fallen in love with you since the first time I saw you. That time I have known you're my mate." I said honestly.

"Is that true?" Kai cheek had a slight blushing. His eye was watering.

"It's all true, babe." I press my lips on him, our sight meet each other. A spark effect spread across our faces. We part slightly, our face close each other. We can feel each other breathing on our face. We both like a teenager in love, keep staring into each other eyes and our lips blossom in happiness.

A loud baby cry wakes up us from our little cheesy world. A weak smiles form on my beloved lips. We both release a relief sigh.

"Excuse me, sirs; please refrain from doing any an inappropriate thing here. At least, restrain yourself for one or two months later." Kurt smirks behind his mask.