Chapter 60 - Dating

Chapter 60

Kai POV

My heart feels tightening. I can't catch any oxygen. I forget how to breathe. My eyes sting and Ralph's image blurring. He keeps calling my name but my mouth clamp tightly to answer him.

"Kai, please follow what I say. Take a slow breath in and exhale it." Ralph said in soothing word. I repeatedly follow his instruction until I feel calm.

"Sorry, Ralph.... Could you resume the video?" I said in whispering.

"Argh... Not now, Kai... Maybe sometime later. You seriously just got out from hyperventilation zone." Ralph opposed it.

"Please, Love. I need it." I said while hugging him from back. He sighs before resume the video.

"Mama, what should I tell papa more?" Lucy asked a woman who could be the one doing the record.

We know Lucy has many things to tell me. She just was overwhelmed by the great mood and hidden feeling. We see her throat and lips move continuously, but the word never went out.

"Tell him about your feeling, your love, and yourself sweetie..." the women replied cheerily. Somehow, I feel very jealous to unknown women. It's because she has the opportunity to hold all precious persons to me.

"Okay, thank you, mama." The innocent girl sincerely thanks her stepmother. What the woman feeling when agreed to film my daughter's confession?

I'm known Ralph is a wise man. He is good at judging people. Therefore, that woman must be the greatest woman to stay beside Ralph in the past. The one Ralph chooses to be his children's mother, to share his love and heart. The woman he wanted to make as his second mate. I suppress the possessive growls that attempt to make its way pass my nostril. My arms grab his waist securely.

Ralph faces me with question look. After a minute, a smile blossom in his seducing pink lips. I bet he knew what I feel now, looking from his mischievous hazel eyes. Without alarm his perk my lips to assure his love for me.

"Esther was a great woman. She raises our children like her own children. The one I could love without mating bond interfered. However, she was my past; you're my present and my future. In addition, you shall know the love between mates is an ultimate love. Nothing could compare to it." Ralph words make feeling fluttering. I press my lips against him. Savour his flavour to heart content.

"I know..." I replied dryly after parting our lips.

"Papa... umm I know I couldn't make it to hug or kiss you in my life. But I always pray to the Moon Goddess, one day, my other brothers could do it for my share. Dad always said the mates can't break their longing even when they hate their mates. He forbids us from rejecting our mates no matter how defaults he or she. Therefore, I always hope that my parents, my family could be one once again. Since, the day I knew you existed, our perfect family always appears in my dreams. Weird, right? But that's the reason why I am always eagerly waiting for nigh to coming. It's so, I could be with my perfect family again, even it just in a dream."

"Papa, I even make many calls to your office, but hanging out whenever I hear your receptionist voice. I feel scared if they were asked many questions and I don't want to sad dad. He works so hard for us. I notice dad wore a very sad face when he told me about you. I hate to see it, but my curiosity got better than my logical thinking. Hope, dad would forgive my rudeness at that time. Papa, Not a day goes by without you on my mind. I miss you papa. Really miss you..." Lucy tear coming out. She wipes the tears stain on her cheek. I feel guilty, letting our daughter being so sad. Ralph tightens his hand around mine.

"... Although you're never with me, I want you to know how much I loved you, papa. I was lucky enough to have known about you in my short life. I want you to know that even though you're not with me, with us, I still think about you and miss you so much. I hide my tears whenever I say your name, but the pain of longing in my heart is still same. I hide it with my smile, carefree attitude, but inside only god know how much I need you. I couldn't express it in front my siblings or dad. I have made a promise with dad to keep it as a secret between us."