Chapter 24

As Kion ran he couldn't stop thinking about the multitude of enemies and frienimies he'd made here. He'd honestly forgotten all about them which was why he'd suggested they move here in the first place but now they will be lucky if the phantoms of his past don't come a calling. "As long as they don't show up I should be okay, because if Vitani finds out about them, I don't even wanna think about it." He said to himself as he ran. "Oh but why not, I mean it seems like such a pretty picture." Said a sadistic and conniving voice that made Kion skid to a stop. "Blaine, I should've known you'd be the next one to show your ugly mug." Said Kion as he didn't move while the sound of something in the flowers was heard. "Hehe, can you blame me, I mean you left quite the impression on my one true love only to rip her heart out and leave me to mend things." Said Blaine. "Look, what happened between Mist, Crimson, and I was not intentional, I don't even know how any of that came to be but it's why I left." Said Kion. "Then why come back?" Asked a Black Panther as he emerged from the flowers illuminating a series of red glowing lines along his body. "Because my home was destroyed by volcanoes, earthquakes, and storms and quite honestly I forgot ALL about you guys, look keep them out of my hair and we won't have issues." Said Kion before he took off running again this time in hopes of not meeting anymore of his phantoms. If only he knew that meeting his phantoms of friends wasn't the worst of what was to come.

As he found his friends he ran over. "Hey guys, uh listen, I think we need to leave and find somewhere new, like immediately." Said Kion. "You're crazy, we all really like it here." Said Kiara. "Yeah I mean this place seems perfect, besides the fact the sun barely rises it seems like a great place ...... wait a second, what's got you in a funk Kion?" Asked Vitani as she looked him over. "Uh ... n-nothing." Said Kion nervously. "He's lying, something is definitely wrong." Said Imara. "Ugh fine I've been here before and let's just say I've made my fair share of enemies and friends who I may have turned into enemies." Said Kion. "So it's not like they know you are here." Said Tazama. "Actually they do, apparently as soon as I entered the bats that live here scattered spreading word I had returned, I've already been approached by two of my old frenemies and if they approached me it's only a matter of time before the others do." Said Kion. "Well if they do you'll just have to make peace with them." Said Shayla smirking at him. "You are aware that if my friends find me this easily my enemies will as well." Said Kion. "And if they do we'll take care of them, chill out Kion." Said Vitani as she nuzzled him. Kion sighed and nodded as he'd go with it for now.

Meanwhile Zira and Slade were discussing their plan of action. "Wait a minute, explain to me again, why we need to visit the Tree of Life, that place is full of peaceful annoying lions who respect the circle of life, not to mention if they see me they'll immediately go on alert." Said Zira. "Well I am going there to regain something that was stolen from me ages ago by Askari and sealed in what I believe they call Cikha Escarpment." Said Slade as he and Zira walked through the rubble of what used to be the lion guard lair. "I see, so what is it you are looking for in all this rubble?" Asked Zira. Slade didn't respond to this question though as he was studying one of the few paintings that had survived the crumbling destruction of Pride Rock, when Zira looked at it, it appeared to be a map one she only assumed would lead them to either his lost thing or the tree of life itself.