Chapter 6

As the day went on Krux barely had any time to himself as Rani and Baliyo wouldn't stop asking him questions about his past. Each time he answered one question it led to them asking a follow up question about his answer. Finally after about 2 hours of 20 questions Krux finally got alone time and laid down on a rock. He relaxed in peace when he felt someone bite and pull his tail. He snarled and pounced who had just done that only to see it was Shayla. "Ugh, word of advice don't do that again if you value your life, I have a hair trigger so even the smallest thing while I sleep could trigger my rage." He said as a fair warning. "Noted, now get to explaining, how'd you know my mom and dad were hiding something from me?!" She snarled wanting answers. "Heh, well one why should I answer, but two I simply had a feeling, after all nobody makes a rule unless something happened whether that's a friends betrayal or losing a son or some other thing that is traumatic." Said Krux unaware of his major flaw in that statement. Shayla had caught on to his flaw. "I see well I guess I should thank you, I know the truth behind the rule now." Said Shayla before she left. 'I never mentioned losing a brother so him saying lose a son means he knows something.' She thought to herself.

Shayla wanted to talk to her mom about this but she was busy with her treatments, so she went to her god mother Mlezi. Mlezi was sleeping on a rock when Shayla came and woke her up. "Mlezi, I need to talk to you." Said Shayla. "Mmm, what's up dear?" Asked Mlezi as she woke up and looked at her god daughter. "I need to ask about my brother." She said calmly. Mlezi's eyes widened. "How'd you learn about Kion?" She asked shocked. "So his name is Kion huh, thanks, anyway, I mentioned how I hate that rule to Krux and he mentioned how you all may be hiding something from me so I went to see Rafiki, then after I got my answers I went and asked how he knew and he said something that made me suspicious." Said Shayla as she explained it all. "Really what's that?" Asked Mlezi. "I never mentioned how it was because I lost a brother that the rule was put into place yet here's what he said, people only make rules like that is they lose a relative or lose a 'son', it could've been a coincidence but why say Son instead of Child." Said Shayla.

Mlezi thought about what Shayla had just said. "Shayla, if what you are saying is true, then that means Krux may be your brother, he could be Kion." Said Mlezi. "That's what I was thinking but Rafiki said Zira stole him which has me worried if he is working with Zira or if it's all just a coincidence." Said Shayla worriedly. Mlezi nodded and decided they should confront him. "I'll gather some of our warriors and then we'll confront Krux and see about getting answers." Said Mlezi. Shayla nodded her head and went with her to gather some of the lionesses. What neither of them noticed was a duo of skinks who had been spying on them. "Let's hurry and report to Zira." Said Nyusi. "Agreed, she'll want to know his cover may be in jeopardy." Said Njanno. They both started to head back towards the Outlands but more specifically towards Zira's lair in order to inform her that Krux may have not only blown his cover but the plan as well.