11

~ Chapter Eleven: Eighteen Years ~

      I woke up snuggled against Draco. It took me a moment to figure out what had happened and if anything in a different manner had happened. I started turning to get away from the covers when a hand pulled me back on my waist. I look at him and he had a sleepy, side-ways smile on his face. "Stay."

      I really wanted to, honestly. I wanted to be here and spend time with Draco, but I couldn't be selfish. I know my parents wanted to see me and plan a birthday party. I've actually never had a birthday party before for me, so I was ecstatic to help decide different things for that. I knew I could choose who to invite and that excited me as well.

     "Draco," I said, propping myself on one elbow. "I need to go."

      He copied my actions and our heartbeats were steady and in unison. He lifted his head and looked at the digital clock on the nightstand. I followed his gaze and read the clock, 5:27 am.

     "It's so early, you don't need to go yet, do you?" Draco asked in a deep voice.

      I look at him. Even if I had needed to go in that moment, I don't think I would have been able to go. My heart wouldn't be able to stay away from Draco.

      "I at least should do something useful, or change. Or.." I said, almost fully awake.

     I kept staring at him and he was just distracting me. The more awake he seemed, the more his arrogant attitude came back, but that's because it's hard to break a habit. That's the only reason, right?

     "You are doing something useful," Malfoy says, before placing his lips against me, then wrapping his arms around me..

•••••

    Three and a half hours later, I sent an owl back to my parents, telling them I would be home soon.

     I changed and showered afterwards... The 'after' part made me blush just thinking about it.

     I knew I had to get home, but a part of me felt like I couldn't leave Draco. The word careful didn't exist an hour ago, but now I feel like I'm being too cautious about the whole thing. I didn't know what Draco would think. I loved him. I wondered if he would tell anyone. I am not sure how to feel, but my feelings are strong. I don't regret it, and I'm fearful he does.

     Tangle did understand me. She chose me, the way my wand did. Right before I sent her away with the letter to my parents, I asked her to bring me an outfit. I already had different outfits spread out across my bed, deciding what to wear before my family and I went out.

     She came back holding a bag. I petted her and thanked her. There was a full outfit, excluding shoes. Inside the bag, there was also a letter from my parents. They told me to be home soon safely, and that they trusted me.

      After I had showered, I changed into what Tangle had brought. I looked through the mirror as my hair was wavy and wet. It was a pair of my favorite shorts, black cut-offs. There was also my green tank top, and it stuck to my skin, showing curves. I also added my black crochet fringed hem waistcoat, which went just past my shorts.

    I ran my hands through my wet hair as I went out of the bathroom, braiding my hair. Draco had changed also, I saw, as I left the room. He was wearing jeans, a black t-shirt, and his normal Hogwarts shoes. I don't know if I've ever seen him so normal. He looked better this way.