16

A/N: Happy holidays guys!!
But really. Quick question. Does anyone actually care about this story?

I've had about three reads on average per chapter and that's not exactly good. On both my other stories, I have over a thousand reads. I know this is a fan fiction, but it is something I'm proud of and I would like feedback. What does anyone who actually reads this think?

~ Chapter Sixteen: Just get over it ~

       My hands shook and I steadied them on my bags as I looked up at the train. We had two months of school left until graduation.

      "Honey, are you alright?" Mother said, looking at a novel on parenting.

    Is she bloody serious? She has an eighteen year old daughter and she is now reading a book because she got pregnant again? Why? Why, when I was eighteen and ready to leave they decided to make up? They were fine without each other. They really were. And what about her house in America? They are confusing people ever since they got back together.

     "Yes, mom. I'm fine." I say, carrying eighty pounds of luggage and dragging the other fifty behind me.

     "Don't be sarcastic, young lady." Father says, near the back of the station. I wondered if he's afraid of being seen.

I am not afraid. Not anymore.

"Why not?" I ask, trying to sound casual as I stare at my backpack. Tangle fluttered in her cage.

My mom pushed the paper down and gave me a harsh look. "That is rude, Emma!"

I tried so hard not to roll my eyes. This was it, anyways. They bossed me around my whole life and I am not going to take it anymore. They are getting a nice bloody 'screw you' when I graduate and they ask me to come back.

     "Oh, I see my friends. I better get to them." I lied again. My parents were too busy to notice.

     "Have fun, darling. We'll see you in a few months." Mom says, not looking up from her book.

     I walk away silently, my chest hurting. Does anybody care about me? I haven't heard from anybody since no more than a week after my party.

     I find myself a compartment alone. While walking down the halls, I saw Ron with an arm around Hermione outside. Ginny was also outside, next to Harry and their hands were touching. Then they all hugged, and the gels came aboard, and the boys stayed back. Were the boys not coming back? In the very next section, Neville, Luna, Cho, and Lucas were sitting together. I knew if I walked any farther I would find where the Slytherins were.

    I wasn't sure how class would be, especially if Draco is in my classes. No one knows about me breaking up with him or how badly it hurts just thinking about it.

     I didn't know how he would react either or if he would try to talk to me. What would I say? I miss him, so so much. But I can't let him know that.

    What am I going to do with my life, I thought in a compartment alone with no one near me. I didn't like Ron and that's who Hermione wanted to be with. I haven't spoken to my friends from America in three years.