17

~ Chapter Seventeen: being some rude bitches ~

    Where were the bloody teachers?

    I stood there in a paralyzed motion for a good thirty seconds before I did something incredibly stupid: I dove into the fight to break them up.

    I gained a couple new bruises but when I finally separated them, I whipped out my wand and pointed it at both of them.

    Of course, that's when all hell broke loose. After the fight.

    Draco was clutching his arm and wasn't looking at me. I couldn't read either of the boys' expressions, but everything looked awful.

   The new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher came in and looked bewildered. I lowered my wand and stepped back, hoping the Slytherins wouldn't attack each other again. Some of the crowd disappeared.

   "Come on, you don't want to get caught in that," Zabini said in a low and urgent voice.

    I had forgotten he was there and watching this. I don't know how he managed to get from the fight and then go down two large hallways, find me, then get back here with the fight continuing, unless the fight had been on for at least five minutes. And for a fist fight and not a wand fight, that's a long time.

    My question is why did he bring me here. He knows Draco and I are broken up. Why would be show me this? That doesn't make sense. With me being a rational person, I decided to ask him that.

    Blaise's reply makes me refrain from slapping him. He said, "Well, he was getting beat up. He's your ex. Isn't it funny?"

    "What are you two doing here? What is going on?" The teacher snaps at us, trying to help the boys in pain.

    I looked back at Zabini and he was gone. I speak honestly. "I'm sorry, sir. I don't know what's going on."

   "Oh, well. Just get back to your dorm and if you see Filch on your way, have him find me." He says, while both the boys try to escape in different directions.

   The DADA teacher wandlessly makes the boys freeze until I reply with a simple "Yes, sir.".

   I looked at Draco one last time and seeing him bloody and in pain felt like my own pain. I don't know what happened or why they fought, but I know that it was serious. Carter met my eyes regretfully before following the teacher away. Draco looked at my shadow, but wouldn't meet my eyes once again.

    I sighed in worry and turned back around to go back to my dorm. I had no intention of finding Filch. I had no intention of doing anything besides making sure the boys were going to be okay.

    After being at this school for seven years, I knew almost all ways to get anywhere. I took the longest way possible to get to the infirmary, which was twenty two minutes. The professor was gone when I looked slightly into the large room. Madam Pomfrey was talking to Carter, who looked remarkably better.

   Draco, on the other hand, was sleeping on one of the beds and had tape around his left wrist and right elbow.

    "If it starts hurting again, you come see me. You should be fine." I hear the nurse say. Footsteps echo and I hide behind the door. Woody walks down the other side of the hall and then moments later, Madam Pomfrey walks down the hallway I am in but does not notice me.

    Once again, my anxiety was getting high and the only way I could stop it was to know that Draco was okay. I realized that even after breaking up, I still cared so deeply about him that I didn't think it could be stopped.