32

~ Chapter Thirty-Two: The Decision ~

[Draco Malfoy's Point Of View]

{Time Skip Brought By Holy Moly It's Been A Year, I'm So Sorry!}

Today was the day I married the love of my life. There would be no turning back, no hesitation, no more of ever being alone.

Some part of me knew she would say yes. There was a small part of me from years of upbringing and confusion that doubted her faith. We've gone through many struggles in our almost eight years since meeting one another. Emma and I have fought, laughed, and cried together. I've shared my everything as that's exactly what she's become.

Now, I was dressed to the nines. My shoes were shiny and my hair was combed over. My leg wouldn't stop bouncing in the wooden chair. Carter Woody, my best man, sat to my right, saying meaningless words in attempt to calm me. Thomas Black was to my left, someone Emma and I've talked to a lot in the last few months.

Thank God, her friend Charlotte was willing to go back in time to try and undo the Evil Lord's doings. Emma and I would finally be able to peacefully live, hand in hand. Just a few minutes now until the girls would arrive at the alter. I'm fairly certain my father bribed the minister to allow Emma and I to marry here, but I couldn't bring myself to care. I'm going to marry Emma Dawlish and make her a Malfoy.

I took a deep breath and peaked through the window, checking the audience. We did not want a large wedding at all. My family was much larger on the right, surprisingly content with the arrangement at hand. My parents sat in the first row. Mother's heels tapped excitedly against the tan tiled floor. Almost everyone in the room I recognized.

I scanned the less crowded side. John Dawlish, a former Auror and Emma's father, sat by himself in the first row. I recognized peers behind him, including Lucas Gray, Harry Potter, many red-haired Weasleys, and a few whose names I could not remember that were in our advanced classes. There was a small group of well dressed adults from the Ministry, probably who worked with Father and John.

Soothing music began to flow from the pianist in the corner. The minister stood up and walked towards the center. John stood and turned around, ready to collect his daughter. I jumped out of my seat, quickly checking myself in the mirror. I released a final breath before gathering the guys and releasing them to find their matches to walk up to me. I walked to my spot.

[Emma Dawlish's Point of View]

I closed my eyes. I opened them again.

The light, sparkly makeup was still there. I was still here. Charlotte's mother was apparently a makeup artist for a living and she picked up a few tricks that she bestowed upon me. She made me look angelic. My hair was strategically placed behind my head, wrapped together, with not a single brown strand out of place. My dark eyes seemed so much bigger with all that was applied. It was difficult to remember all of their names - mascara, eyeshadow, eyeliner - and a few others.

My light pink dress fit perfectly surprisingly. I was worried about the slit getting messed in the process of hemming, so I gathered the courage to wear heels much larger than what we girls wore at school. I glanced down at my long, clear coated nails. I stared at the spot - where the ring would slide over and stay on my finger. My physical body was ready to walk down the aisle.

I turned to Hermione and Charlotte. Both of them looked stunning as well. They were in matching dresses, a deep purple with stripes, tight at the top and loose at the bottom, which stopped a few inches above the knees. Each had curly hair tied into a swaying ponytail. Hermione choose against wearing makeup. I had no problem. This wasn't her day, anyways. That was yet to come, as Ron had proposed just a month ago.

There was a knock at the door. Carter and Thomas peeked their heads through. I could see my dad, tall as always, behind them. Once they realized we were decently clothed, they entered. We all stood together for a moment. The guys stood sharp in their suits. The four stood together, reminding one another where to stand and the best way to walk down the narrow aisle.

Dad walked over to me. His eyes were full of regret and pride. He apologized profusely after he came out of hiding right before graduation. He hadn't heard of my mother's death until I brought it up. As they were divorced for more than half of my life, I wasn't surprised he wasn't heartbroken. What seemed to hurt him most was the thought of having another child vanished, even if it came from lies. But after seeing how I've grown since - he was impressed.

Now, he stood before me, having to blink tears away. He engulfed me in a hug, safe and secure in his arms, no longer fearful. He whispered, "You've done so well, my daughter. I'm glad you found true love."

Well, great. I began to tear up as well. Charlotte noticed and interrupted her conversation with Thomas starting with a smile. She told me not to mess up my makeup. We laughed. The world began to feel surreal. I was more than okay. I was no longer a survivor of the war and the child of suicide. I was thriving.

"The music's getting louder. Let's head out," Carter said, taking Charlotte's elbow. The two strutted out. A click of heels made its way into my ears. It took me a second to gather this was all of our guests here, standing up. Waiting. They were here to see Draco and I get married.

Twenty seconds later, I was steadying my breath. My nerves were getting higher. I didn't want to wait longer than I had to. Hermione and Thomas headed out, both giving me large, sincere smiles. Dad simply watched me, unsure of how to handle me. It was the same as always, but I soon was no longer going to be Emma Bridget Dawlish, but rather Emma Bridget Malfoy. I could not be more excited.

Finally, my dad and I walked down the alter. Immediately, my eyes went to Draco. My breathing techniques disappeared. The crowd faded. I could no longer feel my father's arm. I only saw Draco. His suit was eloquent and his face - perfect. He was staring back at me, his mouth open slightly. His bright pupils had expanded and before I could function a rational thought, I had reached him. Dad kissed my temple before taking his seat.

The words from the minister flew right past me. I noticed Draco's youngest cousin bring the rings after a while of standing. His sweet face brought me back to reality. My forever and I took the rings. We held the other's hand while doing our best to easily put the ring on. Soon enough, I heard the words: "Now you may kiss the bride."

That was the more important part of today. Draco leaned down and our lips connected as a pair. I understood the sounds of clapping in the background. All I could see was my husband in front of me. Nearly nineteen and in love, with the rest of our lives to look forwards to.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Malfoy," Draco grinned.

~

The reception went by surprisingly quick. Maybe it was actually four hours, I couldn't tell. I was too blissful. In less than an hour, my husband and I would be prepared to leave our new house for a two-week honeymoon in Hawaii. We would return to our new jobs to our new life. There was never a better time to be a Malfoy.

THE END.

A/N: Thank you to everyone who read this! This was my first fan fiction! Going back, I see how much my writing has changed. I've grown a lot throughout the long time I spent writing this. It also took me to today to realize that it had been just over a year since I last updated, and at the time I only had a few ideas left.

Now, all I could think of was what's next. I've got many other stores I'm going to work on and decided this was the best and sweetest way to bring A Malfoy to an end. I would love feedback if anyone has anything to comment.

I will be working on a trilogy of sorts for this book, though it'll definitely be a while before it's posted. I have a book about their children growing up and Charlotte going back in time.

Again, thank you so much for reading! This has a special place in my heart for as large as the fandom is.