Chapter 15

"So Minho and I want to go on a date tomorrow because we both have the day off but Sora is invited to some kind of gala that seemed to be important for her..." Ahri trailed of innocently and Hyunjin, who was on the other side of the call, didn't know what his best friend was implying with that.

"And what do you want me to do about that now?" He asked unsure of what was about to come.

"I want you to look after the kids."

"Wait, no no no. How am I supposed to do that when I can't even look after myself??" Hyunjin was already panicking at the thought of having to act as the responsible one.

"Oh come on Hyunjin. They like you and they said that they were already looking forward to play with you again!" Ahri begged and Hyunjin felt like he couldn't say no - but he had to because otherwise one of them was going to get hurt and he had a feeling that it would be him.

"And you have looked after them before!"

"Yes but with you in the other room!" Hyunjin had once briefly looked after them because Ahri had to study and her siblings were constantly interrupting her. So Hyunjin played with them in the living room while Ahri was studying in the bedroom. This time he would be completely alone - no, there was no way he would take that responsibility.

"Jinnie!" Miga called out and threw herself into his arms.
"Hey princess! How have you been?" He tickled the girl's tummy who giggled at that and tried to grab his hand to stop him.

"Hyunjin, I'm glad you came" Ahri greeted him with a mischievous smirk.
"You are so funny" He replied and looked her up and down judgingly.

He then focused his attention to the little girl clinging to his leg. "I got a new doll!" She excitedly told the taller and ran ahead only to come back with a barbie doll.

"The other girl's at daycare think that my doll is the coolest!" She proudly stated and started brushing the figures hair. Hyunjin looked at Ahri questioningly because he remembered her saying that branded toys were a waste of money. The latter just shrugged but smiled at how happy Miga looked with her new toy.

"Minho bought it for her. He went on a shopping trip with the boys and got them snacks then he thought it would be unfair if Miga was the only one who didn't receive anything so he got her this."

Hyunjin saw in Ahri's eyes that the girl didn't like the thought of accepting this many gifts from Minho but also that she was unable to stop him from giving the family more.

"Well, there is no time for chit chat! You have a date to attend to so hurry, leave" Hyunjin scolded Ahri who just laughed at him but then kissed all her siblings on their heads and headed out of the door.

"Jinnie, can we go to the park?" Miga asked with hopeful eyes and let her lashes flutter - and Hyunjin was a damn fool for this look. In less than ten minutes they were ready to go and Hyunjin had had several heart attacks because the kids decided to take their bikes or scooters with them. Now it was even harder for Hyunjin to controll them on their way to the playground.

"Uncle Hyunjin, can I go over there and feed the ducks as well?" Jonghun asked politely and Hyunjin looked over to see a family sitting around ducks and feeding them with bred crumbs. "Sure" Hyunjin answered, he was aware that Jonghun could propably look after himself better than Hyunjin could, for some weird and sad reason the seven year old was one of the most responsible human beings Hyunjin had met - shortly after Ahri of course.

He smiled when he saw the woman of the other family give some bread to Jonghun and hold his hand while he slowly reached to one of the ducks.

"I WANT TO GO ON THE SLIDE!!" Soori yelled suddenly and ripped himself away from Hyunjin's hand to run towards the center of the playground.

"Boys" He heard Miga whisper judgingly and he couldn't help but burst out laughing at her remark.

"Jinnie, will you play with me and Jessi?" The little girl asked, holding up her barbie doll. Hyunjin's heart swelled at the sight and he took the girl by her hand and they walked over to a tree to sit underneath it.

"Jessie is sick and you are the doctor!" Miga ordered and placed the doll on his knee. Hunjin picked 'Jessie' up and inspected her for any wounds.

"No! You are doing this wrong!" Miga scolded and took the doll away from Hyunjin, "You need to feel her pulse!" Hunjin was a bit shocked at Miga's bossy attitude but she was adorable so it was okay. He put his thumb on the doll's wrist and kept it there for a few moments.

"That's not how you take someone's pulse!" Miga shook her head disapprovingly, "We can only be glad that Ahri is the one becoming a doctor and not you."

Hyunjin's jaw dropped and his eyes widened- when did this little girl learn to be so cocky. "Jinnie, I will show you" She stood up and placed her two little fingers on the taller's neck, "You're all good!" She decided after a moment and her smile made Hyunjin forget her insult just seconds ago.

Then Jonghun came running to them with a proud smile on his face and flopped down on Huynjin's lap, making the latter huff.

"I fed the ducks!" He smiled brightly and danced a little victory dance.

Suddenly a loud crack followed by gasps and screams were heard.

Hyunjin stood up as well, trying to see what was going on at the playground.

"Soori fell down" Miga stated totally disinterested but it almost gave Hyunjin a heart attack.

He ran past the small crowd and kneeled in front of Soori who was sitting next to the playground tower and was holding his head.

"That's the reason young people shouldn't be allowed to have kids! They are too irresponsible!" Some Lady said and Hyunjin almost shouted back at her but Soori was more important at the moment.

"I think I head a bit" The small boy said cluelessly about all the attention, "I fell down from the highest point!" Soori giggled almost proudly and Hyunjin sighed in relief because nothing too bad seemed to have happened.

"Let me see your head" Hyunjin ordered softly and Soori took his hand away and turned his head cutely.

Hyunjin was relieved when he saw no open wound and just something that would be a bump.
"Let's go home now?" He suggested, not wanting to deal with the woman that still glared at him.

Luckily the kids didn't disagree so after everything was packed they made their way back to the family's apartment.

"I'm hungry uncle Jinnie" Miga whined after she had flopped down onto the couch.
"Yes! Can you cook us something?" Jonghun clasped his hands together and stared up at Hyunjin.

"I can order something for you, I'm definitely not going to cook. Your sister will be angry if I burn down her kitchen" Hyunjin grabbed his phone, ready to order basically anything the kids wanted.

"We need a new kitchen anyway. The only things that is still properly working is luckily the fridge" Jonghun said and gazed at Hyunjin's phone to see his options of what to order.

Hyunjin looked in the kitchen to see the bucket Ahri had placed under the faucet because it wouldn't close completely anymore.

Just when Hyunjin had ordered, the door to the apartment opened and Ahri stormed in.
Her eyes were red and a few tears still wetted her cheeks.

When she saw Hyunjin standing in front of her with a confused expression she finally spoke up.

"I'm being very irrational right now but I can't stop myself from being like that."

—————————
~did you really think I would make it easy for Ahri and Minho? hehe

~until next chapter
~~ June