Heartbeat

Hello and welcome to the seventh chapter!

(P.S. An intense chapter, you say? Well then, let me pick a song that definitely matches the mood.)

Deku's POV unless told otherwise. If a POV is switched mid-chapter and it is not indicated who's POV it is, it's Deku's.

Enjoy!!!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

As soon as I arrive back at base, Dabi is waiting for me.

Dabi: There you are. How'd it go?

Me: As expected. He lied, and tried to have another hero ambush me, but I left as soon as I saw the second hero. But now I'm feeling kind of antsy. Do you remember the reason I joined the league?

Dabi: To get rid of the Hero Commision and make all heroes disappear, right?

Me: Yeah. Well now I kind of want to speed things up. Want to help me?

Dabu: Hell yeah! I actually have a message to pass on about the same subject.

Me: I'm listening.

Dabi: The shipments of equipment you asked for are ready to be picked up, but the seller also gave us a warning. They found a snitch among the group, so there's a high chance an enemy group will try to steal the equipment. But I'm guessing that'll just make you enjoy it more, having the opportunity to fight?

Me: Yup. What's the pickup time?

Dabi: In 10 minutes or so. I wanted to tell you sooner, but you were late on getting back, so...

Me: I know, it's fine. Same location?

Dabi: That's right. Have fun.

Me: Thanks, I will.

I stop by the supply room for a couple things and then I leave. I shoot across the city, using my camouflaged wings to conceal me so I can fly fast without being noticed. I arrive at the location 1 p.m. exactly, and a guard is already there. The room is filled with large parcel lockers, each one having a digital code on it that is changed every 3 minutes.

Why aren't they doing anything? Wait, I have to say something first, right? I remeber that from last time.

Me: Uh... Shipment DZ45F9.

???: Locker number 29. Code is 0377.

I nod, beginning to search the lockers until I find number 29. I punch in the code, and the door swings open. As soon as the locker door opens, the guard leaves the room. The package isn't too big, but what's inside of it is the key to everything. I start walking out the loud bang of a gun echoing in the room.

Ugh, really? I was hoping to get out of here without any trouble... Who am I kidding? Trouble is fun!

I stop the bullet, turning to where it came from. As soon as I do that, people with a very wide variety of weapons jump out from all sides. I freeze all of them.

Me: Really? You underestimate me. How sad.

I smash all of them into the walls, hard. None of them get back up again, except one. I watch him curiously, wondering if he honestly thinks he can do anything against me. 

Thump.

I stagger back a bit as I feel my heart get louder and faster. What was-

Thump.

The man starts smiling.

???: I hope you enjoy the effects of my Quirk.

Thump.