How is He Not the #1 Hero Already?

Hello and welcome to the eleventh chapter!

(P.S. I feel like this song would be the perfect background to any interaction between Heron and Tokoyami. Those two really are opposites.)

Deku's POV unless told otherwise. If a POV is switched mid-chapter and it is not indicated who's POV it is, it's Deku's.

Enjoy!!!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Tokoyami's POV:

I see the hero at the top of the hill before Hawks sets me down. He has wings that are a light pale-ish blue, and he's wearing a coat to match. He has hair that's a mix of white and black, and he's wearing super reflective blue glasses. His face is also covered in freckles. It isn't until the hero walks up to me that I realize Hawks has already set me down and I've been staring at him. And boy, does his voice and attitude not match his appearance. He smiles eagerly.

(A/N: Here's that drawing again for reference.)

Heron: Hello! I'm Heron, what's your name? Or your hero name, if you prefer

Me: I'm... Tokoyami. My hero name is Tsukoyomi, but you can call me by my name.

He reaches out to shake my hand, and my eyes widen. He has talons for hands! He follows my gaze to his hands and quickly pulls his hand back.

Heron: Sorry, was that uncomfortable? I know my hands can be a little jarring.

Tokoyami: I'm sorry, I was just startled. I think it's cool.

This guy's Quirk changed his physical appearance like mine. I can see why Hawks wanted me to meet him.

His face brightens, and it's almost blinding.

Heron: Really? People usually are creeped out by it! Is that the reason you wanted me to meet him Hawks?

Hawks chuckles.

Hawks: That's one of the reasons. I also think that the stark differences between your personalities is hilarious.

Heron: Huh, Okay. Hey Tokoyami, want to see my Quirk?

Startled yet again by the sudden use of my name, it takes me a second before I nod.

Heron: Cool! Give me a weapon name.

I say the first thing that pops into my head.

Me: ... Sledgehammer?

Heron: Awesome choice! I need you to step back for a second though.

I do as he asks, and he pulls a feather from his wing. He looks at it for a second, and it begins to get longer. He tosses it into the air, and when it comes back down into his hands, it's a huge sledgehammer. I gawk at it.