The House of a Hero

Hello and welcome to the fifteenth chapter!

(P.S. I've been getting into Odetari lately.)

Deku's POV unless told otherwise. If a POV is switched mid-chapter and it is not indicated who's POV it is, it's Deku's.

Enjoy!!!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

My eyes slowly open as I wake up, looking at Hawks' living room ceiling. Making sure not to make a sound, I take off the blanket that I don't remember falling asleep with and stand up, looking around.

I could look for information... But there's a chance Hawks will wake up or notice things have moved around. I need him to completely trust me for my plans to work, so I don't want to risk it. I'll look around here without touching anything, I might still find good intel. And if Hawks wakes up, it'll be easy to pretend I was just going to the bathroom or something.

I start walking around the room, looking for anything that catches my eye. I silently walk past shelves, tables, and other pieces of furniture, inspecting each of them. I stop when I notice a familiar looking feather next to a locket. Before I can do anything, I'm transported back in time.

=-=-= Flashback =-=-=

My eyes shoot open as soon as I wake up.

It's my birthday today! I'll finally get my Quirk! I hope I get a Quirk as cool as All Might's!

I leap out of bed and get dressed quickly, and rush down the hallway to the kitchen. Mama's making breakfast, and I can smell the pancakes cooking.

Mama: Happy birthday Izuku!

Me: Yeah! Pancakes!

Mama laughs, and I laugh with her even though I don't know why we're laughing.

Mama: Eat your breakfast, and then I'll give you your first gift.

Me: Okay!

She puts a plate with pancakes and strawberries on it, and I start eating. Mama and I talk about anything and everything as we eat. I finish, and I look at her expectantly.

Mama: Alright, let me go get it.

She goes into her room and comes back out with a small box. I bounce in my chair excitedly. She puts it in front of me, and I open it. I pull out a locket on a gold chain, giving mom a confused look.

Mama: The locket opens, try it.

I look at the locket and realize she's right. Inside the locket on both sides is a small pocket of space, covered by a piece of glass. In the right side of locket is a teal piece of cloth with a familiar pattern on it.

Me: Is that a piece of your favorite sweater?

Mama: It sure is.

Me: Why is it in this thing?

Mama: When you have a thing that is special to you that can make you feel happy, that's called a comfort object. When someone gives you a piece of their comfort object, it can remind you of that person. You can wear that locket, and a little piece of me will always be there with you!

Me: Oh, okay! But... The other side is empty...

Mama: Someday, a special person will fill that other space for you.

Me: Cool! Thank you, Mama!

She laughs again and helps me put the necklace on. I never took it off since that day.