How Ironic...

Hello and welcome to the eighteenth chapter!

(P.S. For me this song is the embodiment of chill vibes.)

Deku's POV unless told otherwise. If a POV is switched mid-chapter and it is not indicated who's POV it is, it's Deku's.

Enjoy!!!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Me: You can't be serious.

Hawks: They are. We need you for this.

Great. How am I going to get out of this?

I'm currently at a mission briefing with Hawks and the Hero Commision, as Heron of course. Hawks brought me here because apparently, the Hero Commision needed to talk to me. Little did I know that the Hero Commision wants me to ambush Lucifer at a location he's supposedly going to be at tomorrow. 

How did they even know where I was going tomorrow? And how am I supposed to ambush and capture myself?

(A/N: H.H.C.= Head of Hero Commision, H.C.V.P.= Hero Commision Vice President)

H.H.C.: We know you work independently Heron, but this is for the sake of Japan, and possibly the entire world.

H.C.V.P.: Since you are his brother, we think you would be more likely to take him by surprise, therefore giving you a window for capture.

I try to keep my happy-go-lucky fake personality, but some of the facade breaks as my gaze hardens and I glare at Hawks.

Me: You told them?

Hawks: I didn't want to, but I kind of have to tell them everything.

I take a calming breath, suppressing the strong urge to insult the stupid bird's free will. But then I get an idea.

Me: Okay, I'll do it.

H.H.C.: Here's the file you'll need to memorize before tomorrow.

H.C.V.P.: The world thanks you.

I say goodbye and start walking down to the first floor with Hawks walking beside me.

Hawks: You aren't going to review the file in one of their briefing rooms?

Me: Nah, I got places to be.

Hawks: Right, I understand. Speaking of which though... You always get off of patrol around this time, saying you got to be somewhere. Do you mind me asking where you're rushing off to?

Me: Oh, I don't mind! If anything, you should've asked sooner.

That's definitely a lie.

Me: Basically, I've got some close friends that have been letting me stay with them since my apartment was destroyed. We're all like family, having dinner together at 5:30 and everything!

Hawks chuckles.

Me: I still don't understand how you have such a busy life and manage to stay so energetic.

I shrug, and after a few more moments of walking we get to the Hero Commision lobby. I wave goodbye to Hawks and fly out the door. As I come up above the city and into the sky, I glance at rooftops, using Heron's quirk that gives me better vision to scan over all the rooftops. I smile, seeing that there are no kids there.

People always seem to be feeling happier in the spring. The same is true for me at the moment.

I land and open the door to the L.O.V. Base, quietly closing the door behind me. Kurogiri and Shigaraki are at the bar, making idle conversation, and Toussa is on the couch curled up with a blanket sleeping. I sigh, making my presence known.