Chapter 6: Devil

"Hey are you sleeping?" Taehyun chuckled, looking over at Yeonjun, who appeared to be on the verge of falling asleep on Taehyun's cherished couch after spilling every important detail to him. not to mention that He talked mostly about beomgyu. And mostly about how he annoyed him to death.

Yeonjun let out a soft snore, his eyes half-closed, as he mumbled something incoherent. Taehyun shook his head with a mix of amusement and exasperation. "Are you gong to sleep over here?" he asked, his voice fond.

"Typical Yeonjun," Taehyun murmured to himself, then leaned closer. "Hey, wake up. You can't sleep here," he said, gently nudging Yeonjun.

Yeonjun stirred, slowly opening his eyes. He blinked a few times, trying to focus on Taehyun. "I must have dozed off," he said, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"It's alright," Taehyun said, still smiling. "But you can't stay here. You've got a bed at your own place, you know." And a real person, alone. He wanted to say.

Yeonjun sighed, feeling himself a little mad on taehyun. "it's not the first time i'm sleeping here. what's wrong Tae, let me sleep"

Taehyun raised an eyebrow, his smile widening. "Oh, is that so?" he replied, playfully. "Well, you better be careful. Terry might start thinking you're his new roommate." He was talking about his pet dog who was probably dozing off in his lab.

Yeonjun rolled his eyes at the thought. "Terry's a dog, Taehyun. I doubt he's that possessive about the couch," he said, amusement lacing his voice.

Taehyun chuckled and shook his head. "You never know with Terry," he said. "And btw i like terry more then you"

As they settled down, Taehyun sat next to Yeonjun, taking his legs and gently placing them on his lap. He looked at Yeonjun with a concerned expression. "Beomgyu might feel alone," he said softly. "You're hardly ever home, that's why i'm telling you to spend your free time at home"

Yeonjun sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I know," he admitted. "But it's not my business is it? whether he's bored or alone"

Taehyun gave Yeonjun a knowing look. "He's your partner and you're practically the only company he has here," he pointed out gently. "Whether you like it or not, you are involved in his life. It's natural for him to feel lonely or bored if you're hardly ever around."

Yeonjun frowned, feeling a hint of frustration building up inside him. "He's not a child," he retorted. "He can take care of himself."

Taehyun shook his head, still maintaining his calm demeanor. "Of course he can," he said. "But that doesn't mean he wouldn't appreciate your presence. We all need someone to talk to, someone to share our lives with."

Yeonjun remained silent, his mind grappling with conflicting emotions. He knew Taehyun was right, but he was stubborn. Why was he responsible for beomgyu? They weren't friends or close.

"I'm afraid...," Yeonjun finally admitted, his voice a little softer. "He reminds me of my... foolishness"

Taehyun squeezed Yeonjun's thigh gently, offering a comforting gesture. "What foolishness do you mean?" he asked, curiosity and concern evident in his voice. There was nothing taehyun didn't know about yeonjun but he wasn't sure about what foolishness was yeonjun talking about.

Yeonjun took a deep breath, hesitating for a moment before he spoke. "His eyes..." he began, his voice tinged with vulnerability. "And his innocence..." He looked down, unable to meet Taehyun's gaze.

Taehyun's concern only grew, and he gently squeezed Yeonjun's thigh again. "What?," he asked softly.

Yeonjun felt a lump forming in his throat as he struggled to find the right words to explain himself. "When I look at Beomgyu," he said, his voice trembling, "I see the innocence and vulnerability that... i saw in ben, years ago"