Chapter 33: Finale (part 1)

They didn't know where the rescue team was. They didn't know why it was happening, especially when it was not part of their plan—an intricately crafted plan led by Yeonjun, the leader who had never failed before.

As Soobin started to lose his consciousness, the team scrambled to stabilize him. But it was clear that his wounds were far too severe, and his life was slipping away. Yeonjun, his usually calm exterior shattered, rushed to his side.

"Soobin! Come on, please don't...", Yeonjun said, his voice laced with panic.

Soobin's eyes fluttered open, a weak grin tugging at the corner of his lips. "Mhm yeonjun... is that you? You seem sad over me", he struggled to say, his breathing laboured.

Yeonjun laughed bitterly. "Yeah...," he said, a wry smile twisting his lips. "So don't die please, huh? Hold on, we need you"

As Soobin's consciousness wavered, Kai's eyes locked onto his fallen lover. He desperately wanted to rush to Soobin's side, to protect him at all costs. But the intensity of the enemy's gunfire kept him rooted to the spot near the door, his heart pounding with frustration.

Ignoring the risks, Beomgyu knelt beside Soobin, his hands trembling. "Soobin" he said, his voice filled with desperation.

Soobin managed to open his eyes for a moment, a faint smile gracing his lips. "Beomgyu, don't blame yourself. It's not your fault, okay?" he whispered, his voice barely audible.

Beomgyu's eyes filled with tears. "I'm so sorry... i..."

Soobin's feeble hand reached out to touch Beomgyu's cheek, his voice filled with reassurance. "You must... live and... get out of here... promise me?"

tears streamed down Beomgyu's face as he shook his head, his voice choked with emotion. "No you... please don't go, hold on i... I'll do something"

Soobin's gaze shifted to Yeonjun, a flicker of concern in his eyes. He mustered all his strength to speak again, his words filled with urgency. "Yeonjun, please... be nice to him. Take care of Beomgyu for me."

As Yeonjun rushed towards the door, his heart heavy with grief, he and Beomgyu locked eyes for a moment, their gazes full of a raw, intense emotion that neither of them could quite put into words. 

Then, with a fierce determination, Yeonjun turned his attention to the enemy, his fingers tightening around his weapon. He fired relentlessly, his every shot riddled with the fury and anguish of his shattered heart.

Meanwhile, Kai fought with everything he had, his movements fluid and precise as he dispatched their foes with ruthless efficiency. And through it all, he kept one eye trained on Soobin, his lover, his comrade, his heart. The heart he betrayed. The heart he cheated on.

As Kai rushed towards him, his eyes glistening with unshed tears, Soobin's smile relaxed into a look of peaceful acceptance. He reached out to touch Kai's hand, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Thanks for never making me feel... unloved"

Kai's tears spilled over as he shook his head, his voice choked with emotion. "I'll never forgive myself soobin... I'm... I'm so sorry..." he was hinting towards the betrayal.

As Beomgyu noticed Kai's tear-filled eyes and the remorse in his voice, a surge of anger overcame him. He clenched his fists and locked eyes with Kai, his gaze filled with aggression and protectiveness over Soobin's memory.

"Don't you dare say a word," Beomgyu spat out, his voice trembling with intensity. "He doesn't deserves this"

Kai's own tears continued to flow, his heart heavy with guilt and regret. His gaze dropped to the lifeless hand that had reached out to touch him, realizing that Soobin had stopped breathing.