Chapter 29: 13th march

Another week slipped by, its passage marked not by the ticking of the clock, but by the steady, relentless beat of Beomgyu's heart. Time flowed swiftly, like a river, carrying him along its currents, yet he felt rooted in the space where love and longing intersected.Their days unfurled like an intricate dance of meetings and training sessions, each moment meticulously charted on schedules and planners. But for Beomgyu, these obligations were mere background noise against the symphony of his emotions. His gaze was a compass that perpetually pointed in one direction – Yeonjun.He couldn't control it, couldn't suppress the magnetic pull that constantly drew his eyes toward Yeonjun's face. Every flutter of an eyelash, every subtle curl at the corners of his lips, each nuanced tilt of his head held a world of meaning for Beomgyu.Amid the chaos, Beomgyu found refuge in their stolen moments. Fingers brushed against arms, hands sought each other out beneath the table, fingers intertwined like a silent love language. The unspoken bond between them was a lifeline that kept him grounded.Beomgyu was aware that their time together was precious and delicate, like a fragile thread that could easily be severed.

He yearned for every stolen glance, every lingering touch, determined to engrave these moments into his soul.

In that whirlwind of a week, life threw them some unexpected curveballs. Beomgyu's days were a blur of intense training with Yeonjun, leaving little room for him to notice anything beyond their practice sessions.Amidst it all, Taehyun and Kai continued their secret meetings, their hidden connection a subplot that escaped Beomgyu's busy mind. He was too preoccupied with strengthening his bond with Yeonjun to pick up on their clandestine rendezvous.Surprisingly, there was a subtle shift in another corner of their lives. The hostility that had once colored Yeonjun and Soobin's relationship appeared to melt away, replaced by a tentative truce.

"As if I don't know you, Kang Taehyun," Yeonjun snapped, his patience wearing thin as he watched Taehyun intently focused on his laptop. Taehyun's eyes flickered to Beomgyu for a moment, a challenge lurking within them as he retorted, "You surely do, Yeonjun."Beomgyu decided to steer the conversation in a different direction, hoping to avoid their ongoing argument. "I've always been curious," he said, earning the undivided attention of both Yeonjun and Taehyun. "About what?" Taehyun inquired, his curiosity piqued.Beomgyu took a deep breath, trying to find the right words to articulate his thoughts. "I've never seen such a world, with all these strange and advanced scientific tools. Even though our world is scientifically developed, it's nothing like this." Before he could continue, Taehyun interjected, "We have black science."

"Black what? Like black magic?" Beomgyu asked, his eyes wide with curiosity. Taehyun gave a nod, responding, "Sort of. It's like... we have tools that can erase memories, and tools that can bring them back. We can even bring someone back to life, even if there's only one vein working. There are a whole lot of things, Beomgyu. It's called black science. No matter how severe someone's injuries are, we can heal them."Beomgyu's jaw dropped to the floor in sheer amazement, struggling to comprehend the capabilities of black science. Yeonjun couldn't help but find Beomgyu's reaction endearing, smiling at him. Taehyun, however, was less amused. "Gross, both of you," he muttered with a hint of frustration.Beomgyu, ever quick-witted, couldn't resist a teasing jab at Taehyun. "Not more gross than what you've been doing," he remarked, referencing Taehyun's secret meetings with Kai. Yeonjun, bewildered by Beomgyu's uncharacteristic boldness, asked, "What did you say?" Beomgyu grinned and quickly quipped, "Kidding."

Beomgyu furrowed his brows, his curiosity getting the better of him. "How do you guys even know what's happening on Earth?" he asked. Yeonjun replied with a hint of reverence, "Jimin knows... he knows everything."This left Beomgyu puzzled. If Jimin truly knew everything, how could he have missed the fact that Beomgyu was not actually Beomgyu, but Ben? "Like how?" Beomgyu inquired, trying to make sense of this enigmatic situation.Yeonjun continued, "He's the one who gave us all the information related to the mission, like how Ben's honeymoon is going and all that..."Beomgyu's heart skipped a beat. Honeymoon? What honeymoon? He was here, and the pieces of the puzzle began to click into place. Could it be possible that Jimin knew who he really was?