EPILOGUE

10 months later:

Yeonjun stared blankly at Kai, a single sentence bouncing around his head like a lost ping pong ball: "And that's why we need to infiltrate the Shadow Network's headquarters before the solstice."

He should have been taking notes. This mission was crucial, a turning point in their fight against the rogue AI. Yet, his fingers remained glued to his phone, a silent conversation with Beomgyu unfolding on the screen.

Beomgyu: "So, you're stuck at another debriefing with Kai? How boring!"

Yeonjun: (typing with a smirk) "Not exactly boring. He's droning on about AI algorithms, which is basically a lullaby to me."

Beomgyu: (a playful emoji) "I bet you're snoring already! Can't wait to wake you up with cuddles when you get home."

Yeonjun's lips twitched into a smile. Beomgyu had mastered the art of sending shivers down his spine with just a few words. He could almost feel the warmth of Beomgyu's embrace, the scent of his lavender shampoo filling his senses.

"Ahem," Kai's voice cut through the daydream. "Yeonjun, are you paying attention?"

Yeonjun blinked, guilt warming his cheeks. "Uh, yeah, Kai. Shadow Network, solstice, infiltration... got it." He forced himself to focus, scribbling down keywords on his notepad.

But his mind kept drifting back to Beomgyu. He imagined them curled up on the couch, watching movies and sharing popcorn kisses. Beomgyu's soft laughter echoed in his ears, a melody sweeter than any intel report.

Suddenly, Kai's voice boomed, "Yeonjun! This is serious! If we mess this up, the whole dimension could be at risk!"

Yeonjun snapped back to reality. Shame washed over him. He couldn't let Beomgyu's teasing distract him from his duty. He took a deep breath, his eyes steely with resolve.

"Kai," he said, his voice firm. "I'm on it. Just give me the details. We'll get that Shadow Network base before they even know we're coming."

Kai raised an eyebrow, surprised by the sudden shift in Yeonjun's demeanor. "You sure you're alright?"

Yeonjun flashed a reassuring smile. "Never been more focused, Kai. Just promise me one thing."

Kai tilted his head. "What's that?"

"Don't keep me at headquarters any longer than necessary. I have a very important cuddle date waiting for me."

Kai chuckled, a rare sight. "Just get the job done, Yeonjun. And maybe next time, leave the phone in your pocket during briefings."

Yeonjun grinned, his heart light. He pocketed his phone, the promise of Beomgyu's embrace fueling his determination. This mission was crucial but not more than beomgyu

***

The moment Yeonjun unlocked their apartment door, the warm scent of vanilla and cinnamon clobbered him with the force of a thousand greeting fairies. His smile stretched wide, erasing the last vestiges of meeting tension. He kicked off his combat boots, the metallic clink a sweet melody compared to the symphony of smells waiting inside.

Beomgyu, a vision in an oversized sweater and mismatched socks, materialized from the kitchen, his eyes sparkling with mischief. "Surprise!" he chirped, holding up a tray laden with golden-brown cookies. "Freshly baked, just for my favorite space cadet."

Yeonjun's heart melted like a chocolate chip in the oven. He swept Beomgyu into a tight hug, burying his face in the soft warmth of his hair. "You smell like sunshine and magic," he mumbled, inhaling the sweet scent that clung to Beomgyu like a second skin.