Chapter 22: Apricity

Yeonjun woke up before Beomgyu, unsure of how long they had slept. He felt the warmth of Beomgyu snuggled against him. With care not to wake the sleeping beauty, he quietly got out of bed. Yeonjun took a quick shower, changed his clothes, and prepared to head out.

He had important meetings scheduled with Jimin and Taehyun today, a lot of responsibilities and tasks that needed his attention. Before leaving, he gently kissed Beomgyu's forehead and left.

As Yeonjun walked out, he noticed Soobin and Kai in the hallway, and a sly smile curled on his lips. He couldn't resist needling Soobin for losing to him in the game last night.

Soobin, clearly annoyed, couldn't let it go and called out to Yeonjun, "I was a little drunk last night; that's the only reason I lost to this guy."

Yeonjun chuckled, his tone dripping with sarcasm, "Well, I think you should consider practicing your skills."

Kai, trying to defuse the tension, chimed in with a forced grin, "Come on, don't interact with him"

Soobin glared at Yeonjun, clearly not amused. "Alright, fine," he grumbled.

***

Yeonjun sat in the lobby, his gaze fixed on the wall, lost in thought. Suddenly, a familiar face interrupted his reverie. Jimin, with his usual goofy yet mysterious face, cleared his throat to get Yeonjun's attention.

Yeonjun turned to look at Jimin, his expression neutral. Although he had always felt rather indifferent about Jimin, it was clear that Jimin held strong feelings for him. He treated Yeonjun like he had an unlimited supply of money, given his access to a limitless card. To Jimin, Yeonjun was a favorite.

Jimin leaned in and asked, "Did you talk to Beomgyu?" Yeonjun hesitated before responding, "Sort of." Jimin chuckled, a mischievous glint in his eye, and prodded further, "So, you don't see him as a threat anymore?"

Yeonjun remained silent for a moment before finally saying, "No." Jimin nodded knowingly and then inquired, "So, you won't be killing him now?" Yeonjun confirmed with a blank expression. He had other things on his mind.

Jimin told him he'll send all the important and needed material and information regarding his mission very soon.

Yeonjun then asked a pressing question, "What happens after this mission?" Jimin's expression darkened briefly as he contemplated the answer. "What happens to you?"

"To beomgyu" Yeonjun clarified.

Jimin's lips formed an 'O' before he replied, "Well, that depends on... him, I suppose." Yeonjun raised an eyebrow, causing Jimin to continue, "Don't worry; if Beomgyu chooses to stay, I'll assign him a different partner after the mission."

Yeonjun's panic was immediate, and he nearly shouted, "Hell no!" His vehement response only seemed to amuse Jimin further. "Why? Don't you find him annoying?" Jimin prodded.

Yeonjun snapped, "He's not as annoying now, and he's... rather quiet. So if... anyhow..."

Jimin nodded knowingly and said, "I got it."

***

Yeonjun settled into Taehyun's comfortable sofa, a place he and Terry had been fighting over for years. Taehyun returned with two steaming cups of coffee, handing one to Yeonjun as he took a seat opposite him.

As Yeonjun accepted the coffee, he couldn't help but tease his friend. "Aren't you being a bit of an asshole these days?" he quipped, a playful glint in his eye.

Taehyun chuckled in response, taking a careful sip from his own cup. "I'm a scientist, Yeonjun," he replied, his tone light. "You know i'm busy."

Yeonjun snorted, not letting up on the argument. "So, does that mean you'll just ignore me?"