Chapter 13: war is not over

Navigating through the lively throng, they eventually settled at an unexpectedly vacant table. Yeonjun assisted Beomgyu in finding his seat before taking the one opposite him. Leaning back slightly, Yeonjun inquired, "So, what's on your mind? What would you like to do?"

Beomgyu released a sigh of frustration, his expression reflecting a mix of helplessness and resignation. "Honestly, what options do I have?" he remarked, his gesture indicating towards his bandaged leg—a constant reminder of his current limitations.

Yeonjun nodded. He pondered for a moment before an idea seemed to light up his eyes. "You know," he began, leaning in a little closer to Beomgyu, "how about gaming? Do you like it?"

A small smile tugged at Beomgyu's lips. "Yeah, I do," he replied. He had a whole gaming arcade at his palace, all for himself.

Yeonjun's smirk grew a little wider as he gestured towards a car racing arcade game that was nestled in a dimly lit corner. "Well then, how about that?" he proposed.

And then he found himself settled in Yeonjun's lap, facing the arcade game. The proximity was surprisingly cozy, their bodies positioned closely, and the darkness around them seemed to create a private little space. It was a small close box, far away from the eyes around.The game had to be played through pedals and controller so yeonjun thought he would play through pedals since beomgyu's leg was injured.

As they started playing the game, Yeonjun couldn't help but feel an electrifying tension between them. Beomgyu's body was pressed against his own, and he could feel the warmth radiating off of him. Yeonjun's hands instinctively wrapped around Beomgyu's waist, steadying him as they sped through the virtual racetrack.

Beomgyu couldn't deny the rush he felt as Yeonjun's hands held him securely, his muscles flexing with each turn of the game. His heart was racing not only from the game but from the electric tension between them.

Yeonjun couldn't take his eyes off of Beomgyu, his gaze trailing over his handsome features, the curve of his neck, and the shape of his lips. Yeonjun wondered if he was always this pretty. was pretty even the right word?

Beomgyu's laughter filled the air as he won the race, his body shaking with excitement. Yeonjun grinned at him, his eyes sparkling with admiration. "You're good," he complimented, his voice low and husky.

Beomgyu leaned back into Yeonjun's chest, the sound of the game and the chatter of the arcade fading away as their bodies pressed closer together. Yeonjun's breath tickled the back of Beomgyu's neck, sending shivers down his spine. Beomgyu turned his head, meeting Yeonjun's gaze with a heat that matched his own. They didn't say anything, didn't need to. they knew what was happening to them. "You're not so bad yourself," beomgyu replied, his voice soft and gentle.

Yeonjun felt like his heart was in his throat as they sat there, the intensity between them palpable. After a few moments of silence, he finally spoke: "So are you still mad at me?" He felt Beomgyu's entire body tense up slightly as he asked the question. Yeonjun held his breath eagerly awaiting the answer, hoping that somehow he could make it right.

Beomgyu slowly released the breath he had been holding and muttered a curt "yes." Embarrassed and ashamed, Yeonjun dropped his gaze to the floor. "What do you think it would take for me to win your favor, Beomgyu?" Yeonjun's question hung in the air, a genuine curiosity in his eyes.

Beomgyu's lips curved into a thoughtful smile as he met Yeonjun's gaze. "You know, there's something you didn't do," he replied playfully.

Yeonjun raised an eyebrow, clearly intrigued. "Oh? And what might that be?"