Chapter 32: Torn

SHOOT! In an unexpected turn of events, something that even Yeonjun hadn't thought Beomgyu would do—he did it. Beomgyu pulled the trigger, and the deafening sound of the gunshot echoed through the dimly lit storage room. The air crackled with tension as time seemed to slow down. Beomgyu's hands trembled, but his resolve was firm.

The bullet found its mark, and Charlotte's body recoiled from the impact. The shock on her face mirrored the disbelief in Yeonjun's eyes. Beomgyu's heart raced with a mix of fear, adrenaline, and a surge of unexpected power. The gravity of what he had just done sank in, and the room was now filled with the heavy silence that followed the discharge.

Yeonjun stared at Beomgyu, his eyes widening with astonishment and perhaps a hint of realization. Yeonjun quickly regained composure, his eyes assessing the situation. "We need to move, now," he urged Beomgyu, gesturing for them to leave the room. Beomgyu hesitated, grappling with the reality of what he had just done.

As they cautiously exited the room, Yeonjun whispered, "We can't stay here. We need to find the real Prince Ben and figure out what's happening."

Beomgyu's mind raced with confusion and shock. Yeonjun's silence was deafening, and the lack of acknowledgement for Beomgyu's drastic action left him bewildered. As they moved through the palace corridors, Beomgyu couldn't contain his frustration any longer.

"Why didn't you say anything? I just ruined everything... your plan" Beomgyu questioned, his voice a mixture of anxiety and frustration.

Yeonjun finally stopped, his gaze meeting Beomgyu's. "You just... did what you came to do here" Yeonjun stated, his tone stern and focused.

As they spoke, Yeonjun's keen ears caught the sound of approaching footsteps. Swiftly and expertly, he grabbed Beomgyu's waist, pulling him into the room beside them. The door closed softly behind them. Beomgyu found himself pressed against the wall, Yeonjun's arm still securing him. Yeonjun peered through a crack to ensure they were safe, and Beomgyu's view was limited to Yeonjun's jawline.

In the dimly lit room, Beomgyu suddenly realized the familiar surroundings.

- It was his own room.

The lights were dim in the room, and Beomgyu's vision blurred from the fear of getting caught. The walls were adorned with a myriad of portraits—all of him. The stark reality of his identity as Prince Ben seemed inescapable at that point.

In the dimly lit room, Yeonjun's gaze lingered on Beomgyu's eyes. Without a word, Yeonjun's hand gently cupped Beomgyu's face, and their lips met in a soft, lingering kiss. Beomgyu was both the prince and the one who had dared to defy the script of their lives.

As their foreheads stayed connected, and their breaths mingled, Yeonjun spoke with a sincerity that cut through the shadows, "You asked me... if I'll have to choose between my mission and you, what would I choose?" Beomgyu remained silent, waiting for his answer. Yeonjun continued, "I'll choose you even if it takes me to my end."

With a dead expression, Beomgyu moved his arm, and Yeonjun's confused eyes followed the motion in the darkness. Beomgyu's hand found a light switch beside them, and he flicked it on. The room flooded with light, revealing a multitude of portraits - the undeniable evidence of his identity as Prince Ben. Beomgyu couldn't bear the weight of the betrayal any longer.

As the gravity of Yeonjun's words settled in the charged atmosphere, Beomgyu, with a deadpan expression, moved his arm purposefully. Yeonjun, baffled, followed the movement until Beomgyu's hand found the light switch. In a heartbeat, the room illuminated, revealing the portraits that told the undeniable truth – Beomgyu was Prince Ben.