Chapter 12: joke

Taehyun's gaze settled on Yeonjun, who seemed almost fused to the same couch for the past three days. A sigh escaped Taehyun's lips as he decided he couldn't let this go on any longer. He leaned over and directed a stern statement at Yeonjun, "I'm giving you an ultimatum – leave this couch today or I'm physically removing you."

Yeonjun's eyes remained fixed on the ceiling, his thoughts seemingly adrift in some distant realm. Taehyun couldn't suppress another sigh, his frustration palpable. Moving closer, he quirked an eyebrow at Yeonjun, his voice laced with both amusement and exasperation, "You really do love making a grand deal out of nothing, don't you?"

As Taehyun's words fell on deaf ears, he tried again, his tone gentler this time, "It was just a kiss, Yeonjun." The words had their desired effect, as Yeonjun's gaze finally shifted from the ceiling to Taehyun's face. Seizing this opportunity, Taehyun continued, "I mean, seriously, all this brooding over a kiss?"

Yeonjun's response was swift, his posture straightening as he sat up on the couch. His eyes bore into Taehyun's, his voice laced with a mixture of frustration and sincerity, "Just a kiss, huh? Sure, but remember, the one who kissed me was Beomgyu." The intensity of his gaze hinted at a complexity of emotions, a reminder that a kiss could be so much more than just a physical act.

"I really don't get why you're making such a fuss over this kiss. Did it scar you for life, or was it so fantastic that you can't move past it?" Taehyun's words dripped with a mix of sarcasm and genuine bewilderment as he confronted Yeonjun. In response, Yeonjun dramatically let out a groan, his head dropping back against the couch.

"God, I swear you're absolutely insufferable, Taehyun," Yeonjun muttered, his frustration palpable. He wished he could just vanish into thin air at that very moment. But then Taehyun's next words hit him like a ton of bricks, jolting him from his internal fear. 

"You do realize it's your duty day with him today, right?" Taehyun stated matter-of-factly. The weight of those words bore down on Yeonjun, making his heart race. Suddenly, the prospect of facing Beomgyu was far more daunting than any mission they had undertaken.

"I've never missed a duty day before. Can't I just take a day off today?" Yeonjun's plea hung in the air, his eyes searching Taehyun's face for a glimmer of agreement. But Taehyun's response was swift and firm.

"No way, you're not getting out of it," Taehyun declared, his tone leaving no room for negotiation.

Yeonjun's eyes drooped with a sense of defeat, but then a flicker of realization sparked within him. "Hold on a second, who are you to boss me around?" he retorted, a hint of defiance lacing his words. But Taehyun wasn't about to back down. He grabbed a cushion from the couch and playfully chucked it at Yeonjun's face, saying, "If you're not happy, then get out of my house."

"Wow, Kang Taehyun, you're such a heartless person," Yeonjun quipped, attempting to use his pouty eyes as a weapon of persuasion. But Taehyun's demeanor remained as icy as the cold winds of Alaska. He met Yeonjun's gaze with an unyielding expression and stated, "You've got one hour to leave my house."

Just as Taehyun was about to make his exit, Yeonjun swiftly reached out and caught his hand, tugging him down until Taehyun landed on Yeonjun's lap. A touch of surprise flashed across Taehyun's face as Yeonjun's fingers lightly brushed his cheeks. However, any spark of tenderness was swiftly quashed as Taehyun gave Yeonjun a firm shove on the back of the couch. "I'm not in the mood," he stated tersely before straightening up and heading for the door, leaving Yeonjun to his failed seductive attempt.

Taehyun's laughter echoed behind him as he glanced back at Yeonjun, shaking his head with an amused smirk. "Hopeless," he declared, clearly finding Yeonjun's antics rather entertaining.