Chapter 5

(Mimi's outfit above)

5 years later...

It's been 5 years since that day where Claude find out about me have been taking care of Athanasia against his consent. He clearly show that he does not approve and that I had betrayed his trust. It takes sometimes to fix that trust around 2 years but finally Claude let it slide and ask me to forget about it and we both go back to the way it was before. Claude banned me to ever visit Ruby Palace or even go near it. He send some guards to watch over me. That man is frustrating!

We have just finish the council meeting. The meeting mostly talk about the best plan for the upcoming trade, people and some nobles even demand things and it takes everything I had on me to not snap at them and called them greedy. Because of that I am now complaining and telling this situation to the Emperor that I call husband as we walk through the hall of Emperor's Palace.

"Your Majesty, you should have say something and tell them that you against their demands. Those nobles already have all the thing they have, their greediness is something that we shouldn't taken lightly," I say and he just walk with emotionless face and only giving me a glance.

I lightly glare at him and frown. This man is ignoring me! I scoff and walk slightly in front of him and facing him and put a halt on our steps near the statues, "Claudeee.... Listen when I am talking to youuu!!" I called out and pout but then I took notice his eyes looking at something behind me and it shows disinterest but also a hint of coldness...

"Claude...?" I call out to him as I walk beside him and we stand behind a little girl with long wavy golden blonde hair. She seems familiar...

"What... Is this filthy bug doing in my palace?" His voice echoed through the hall and I could sense the little girl flinch and then turn around...

My eyes went wide as I took notice of her feature... No way it can't be?!

"That face... I've seen it before..."

(Athanasia's POV)

I turn around and was shocked to see these people... The same jeweled eyes as me. I've never seen him in the flesh before, but he must be... Claude de Alger Obelia... And the woman with those luscious caramel light brown hair and jeweled amber eyes from my baby's memory... she is... Lucélia Mimi de Alger Obelia, wife to Claude and The Empress... My mother figure, my step mother.

Why?

(Mimi's POV)

This cannot be... After years of not seeing and taking care of her... My sweet little star...

"Yes... Was it that dancer from Siodonna?" Claude said as he gritted his teeth, "You look like that wench."

Through my shocked, I could see Claude thrust his arm forward, "Then again, it doesn't matter who she came from..." He slowly crouched down and approach her, "And I think I remember... What that wench named you..."

I gasp and before he able to even get closer, I hurriedly run and shield her from Claude while hugging her just as Claude continue, "Athanasia..." I feel her body went rigid and trembling. No... I will not allow Claude to hurt her!

"Your Majesty! Claude... Please..." I try to say and then before I could even speak more, I feel myself being pulled away from Athanasia by familiar hand and I turn to see Claude looking at me with a cold look which gives me goosebumps and I try my best to get away, "Claude... No please no... Let me go... Athanasia?! I will not let you hurt her, Claude!"

"Mimi that is enough," he say with monotone voice with a hint of warning as his jeweled blue eyes clash with my jeweled amber ones, "Claude... If you..." He ignored me before glance at the sounds of clank falling down from behind Athanasia and walk forward while stomping on the said things before give his arm forward and lift her up...

"No! Claude!!"

I hold onto his arm in desperate while tears streaming down my face and my heart beating so hard because I am scared of what Claude might do to Anathasia. No... Please no, "Claude!!"

"You're heavy..."

My eyes went wide and I look at Claude in bewilderment, What?!

"You have really chubby cheeks. But I didn't expect you to be this heavy."

Is he for real?! I am completely shocked and confused. Is he really did not meant to hurt her in anyway?

"Mimi... Calm down. You're going to give me a headache..."

"Wh-What did you say?!" I could feel myself steaming in anger. This man!

I look at him and I could slightly see a hint of amusement on his eyes as he look at me. Is he for real...

"Now, what were you doing in my palace?" Claude ask Athanasia.

After all these years... my concern is for nothing. Does Claude will not hurt Athanasia when he see her? I feel slightly relief and then I also look at Athanasia who still looks scared.

"Claude... Please let go of Athanasia," I say gently while give a small smile to Athanasia briefly before looking back at Claude as he is now looking at me and I nod at him to leave her be for now and we could talk. He then toss her to Felix, "She must have wandered off during play time. Felix."

I look at Claude who then offer me his hand and I blink before taking his hand while glancing at Athanasia who is now on Felix's arm, "Carry her..." Claude command and then while still holding on my arm, he guide us to head back to his room while saying, "We should have some tea with our guest."

I glance back at Felix, Athanasia and Gracie before smiling and then look back at Claude with smile and small muffled laugh. He glances at me for a while in wonder and interest before I shook my head and slightly cling onto his arm which bit startled him, "Thank you Claude..."

He looks at me, pat my head before we continue our walk to his room. Unknowingly Felix, Gracie and Athanasia who see what I did to Claude, they have their eyes widened in shock and surprised while sharing the same thought...

'W-what? Are that really our Emperor andEmpress?