Chapter 24

2 years later...

Me and Claude walk inside the dining when suddenly three blurs of golden blonde hair run towards us and hug us. The tallest blonde run to Claude and pull him into a dangling hug.

"Daddy! I missed you today!"

"I told you not to run," Claude says.

I chuckle and pick up the twins on my arms with a smile, "You seem to be having a good day, Athy" I say, and she smile before going down and hug my waist, "Mommy! I missed you!"

"I missed you too my sweet little star," I say.

"Daddy! Daddy! Rhaenys want to be carry by Daddy!" says Rhaenys as she leans forward to Claude who look at her before carrying her.

"Can we play together before dinner, Mommy? Daddy?" Rhaegar asked.

I think for a while and glance at Claude who is now pretending not to know while playing with Rhaenys and Athanasia. I sigh, "Sure Rhaegar... We could play few more minutes before the dinner is served."

"yayy!! Thank you, mommy!"

Rhaegar jump out from my hand and approach Claude, Rhaenys and Athanasia before I follow suit. It was a short moment where we play together. Claude meaning of play with his now 7 years old children are staring at them and say few things in response to them. Athy is the one who is very talkative and excited. I cannot believe that the twins are now 7 years old, and Athanasia is going to have her debutante soon. They grow up so fast.

Then the dinner is served...

"So, I really like ethics class nowadays and every time I dance, the dance teacher always mentions..."

Claude is staring at Athanasia and I know Madame Pompidou often talks about Diana. I look at Claude's face and he looks emotionless as always, but I know he might have thinking briefly about Diana. The twins do not know anything about Diana despite I am worried that some nobles will talk about Diana and they know that Athanasia is not really their blood-related sister. But they are smart and quite mature...

"Ignore her, Madame Pompidou is known for saying nonsense," Claude say as he then gently take my hand and give a light squeeze which I feel grateful for.

"But Madame Pompidou is correct Mommy, Daddy. Big sister Athanasia really beautiful when she dances," says Rhaenys with sparkle eyes.

"Thank you Rhaenys..." Athy smile.

"You always like little fairy, Athy," I say.

"It seems your birthday is coming up soon," Claude says.

The table seems to be in a halt, except the excited chatters of the twins when they decided to talk about what to get for Athy and I smile at the two innocent twins of ours.

"Big sister! I will help you pick the dress for your debutante!" says Rhaenys.

"I also need to prepare gift for sister Athy... What to gift?" ask Rhaegar.

"Sister Athanasia likes sparkly things! We could collect some sparkly gemstones and make something out of it," says Rhaenys.

"That's a great idea Rhaenys!"

The twins' presence pushes down the uncomfortable atmosphere, I am glad.

"You can tell me if you have something you want like last time or something you want me to do for you," Claude says.

"It's okay. I love anything I get as long as it's from you, Daddy, Mommy and also Rhaegar and Rhaenys!" says Athy.

"There's really nothing you need for your birthday, Athy? You could ask anything you know," I ask again to make sure.