Chapter 8

**Mimi's Outfit above 

***

It's been few days, me, Claude and Athanasia has spend sometimes together but it's been five days since the last we see each other. I was walking down the Empress' garden with Gracie behind me.

"It's a wonderful day for afternoon stroll, isn't it Gracie?" I ask as I pick a yellow with red-orange tint petals.

"It is indeed beautiful Your Majesty... The colors of the roses were also very unique." Gracie said.

"This rose is the combination of red tulips and yellow rose. It was a gift from His Majesty during one of his conquest... It's been 8 years since that war...."

"His Majesty has always taken good care of you, Your Majesty. Are you sure that His Majesty doesn't have any romantic feelings towards you?"

I stop and my eyes went wide before I feel myself blush but then let out a light chuckle and face Gracie, "Now now Gracie, that is just delusional. His Majesty only sees me as his best friend and someone that he cherishes and could trust. We do not have any romantic feelings whatsoever if that is what you meant."

I completely turn around to see an uncertain look on Gracie's face but before I could speak, I see Claude approaching with Felix.

"Your Majesty?" I ask and then curtsied, "Blessing and glory upon the sun of Obelian Empire."

"Mimi..."

"Yes, Your Majesty?" I ask.

"What's with the formality?" He said with hint of amusement on his eyes.

I chuckle and smile, "Well Your Majesty, you come so suddenly. So I was a bit surprised. Do you need something Your Majesty?"

I giggle in seeing Claude's face who look not amused and I smile, "So Claude... Is there something you need from me?" He then gives me his hand and I blink for sometimes and tilted my head to the side not sure what is it that he wants from me.

"..."

"Walk with me," He stated while still offering his hand, and I smile before gently give my hand to his, "I would be happy to, Your Majesty..."

"..."

Me and Claude walk through the Empress Garden and heading to the lake.

"You seem to take good care to the flowers that I gave you from the conquests..."

"Of course, it was gift from you and I really appreciate it. Even though you really do not have to bring such gifts."

"Is there anything you want, Mimi?"

"Hm? What do you mean?"

"... I do not like to repeat myself," he says.

"I know that, but what do you mean about something I want? You already give me plenty of nice things if that is what you are saying. I do not need anything more..."

I squeeze his arm and smile at him, "I really mean it... I do not need any other new things. Just your presence, having you spend time with Athanasia and giving a try to be a father that you are is enough. Besides, I love my best friend happy. So, Claude..." I hold both of his hand gently and kiss it with a smile, "No need to worry about anything..."

Claude is looking at me in slightly surprised look but I could see a hint of warmth from it. I always know that Claude is extremely handsome, his beautiful jeweled blue eyes that once shines with light and happiness but even now, I could see flickers of positive emotions on his eyes. I know that my Claude was there inside. What he had experienced really tore his heart to pieces and it is unbearable and painful for me sometime to see him in that state, see him in his lowest state. I could not completely fix him, but I could be there for him every step of the way and will not let him sad again.