12. Fault

"Chim?" He called softly from the outside of the room. But the silence was the only response to him.

They are in the Kim family's house right now. But the Kim family is still in the hospital. And Taehyung's boyfriend, Suga, volunteers to help the Kim family in the hospital if they need more hands. But they are coming back to the house tomorrow anyway. They don't need to stay that long at the hospital. 

Slowly, opening the door by turning the doorknob using his left hand 'cause a glass of milk held by his right hand for Jimin to drink.

Jimin; curled on the bed back facing the door like a fetus while hugging the pillows, sniffing quietly for Taehyung not to notice

But Taehyung knows Jimin better than he knows the back of his hands. 

"Chim?" He called again, making sure if Jimin wanted his presence there. 

Jimin just hummed brokenly in response. 

"C'mmon, you need to drink this glass of milk at least"  he said softly, like talking to a baby.

Jimin just shook his head weakly. Not wanting to wake up from his position.

Taehyung sighed sadly, but he understood Jimin. He put the glass of milk on the nightstand and slowly went to lie on the bed beside Jimin. Hesitantly back hugging Jimin. 

He wants to sleep with Jimin right now because they're only two in the house anyway. And he also wants to make sure that Jimin would not do anything to himself and also wants to comfort the smaller.

Taehyung caressed Jimin's hair softly

"Am I that bad Taehyung?" Taehyung flinched a little because of the sudden broken voice.

"How can you say that?"

"Because some people who are important in my life always left me." His voice filled with nothing but sadness.

Taehyung inhaled a deep breath. "Chim, it depends on the situation. Some people leave us not because we're bad, but because they don't have a choice. Like your baby... You can't say that your baby didn't love you because he/she left you. Your baby left you unintentionally, some bad people made him/her to." He said calmly. Silent tears trickling down his cheeks. 

"But why was my baby so unfair? My baby didn't make me join her/him." Tears flowed continuously.

Taehyung shut his eyes tightly, couldn't do anything but to stop his sobbing. "C-chim-" Pausing for a moment. "Chim..." he tried to smile sadly. "Y-your baby wants to live you longer. Your baby loves you so much because he wants you to be happy more for livin-"

"B-but my baby i-is my h-happiness" and he sobbed painfully while biting his lower lip. Face red and full of tears. He was trying to be strong but he couldn't. All the memories that he always talked to his baby while rubbing his belly softly were killing him right. He was a useless husband and he was a useless father too. How did he let that happen? "It's a-all my f-fault Tae. I let a man k-kill my b-b-ba-by-"

"Stop right there Chim!" he said sternly. "It's not your fault, okay? You tried your best to make your baby safe. You did your best" Taehyung shushed him soothingly. "It's not your fault in the first place. I know you love your baby so much more than you love anyone. I know your baby is proud of you because you always think first for his/her sake. But please Chim, make your baby more proud of you. You need to be strong for your baby." Comforting words made Jimin cry more.

His best friend was right, he needed to be strong, not for himself, but for his baby and for his friends.

But now he just needed to let it out, so he cried and cried while his best friend comforted him until he fell asleep, making him dream about his baby, hugging him tightly using his small arms. His baby was a boy, so cute and pretty handsome. Smiling at him softly and telling him that he loved him and he would always be there and would come back soon when the situation is much better.