33. Gotcha

I thought a lot about it because I'm not sure. But yeah! Enjoy!

****

Nathalie grabbed Vince by the collar, her grip tight. "Don't you fucking dare tell Jacob that you're his father!" She shoved him away, her glare icy. "In case you forgot, Mr. Wang needs the money as soon as possible, so don't make a move without my consent. Don't fucking ruin my plan."

Vince said nothing, knowing she was right. Mr. Wang would kill them if they didn't pay off their huge debt. Silently, he walked out of the living room towards the foyer.

Nathalie waited for the click of the door, but it never came. Instead, she heard a loud crash as something fell to the floor.

Slowly turning around, her heart pounding in her chest, Nathalie's eyes widened in terror at the sight before her. "What—Jungkook?!" Nathalie gasped, terror etched across her face.

Jungkook stood over Vince, who lay unconscious on the foyer floor, having just received another brutal kick to the jaw from Jungkook. The sight was horrifying, Vince's body motionless, a testament to the fury radiating from Jungkook.

Jungkook's eyes locked onto Nathalie as she stumbled toward them, her face pale with fear. "J-jungkoo-"

As Nathalie tried to speak, her words caught in her throat, Jungkook's voice cut through the air like a sharp blade. "Jacob wasn't mine?" Jungkook whispered coldly, the words slicing through the air with chilling precision. "All this time you were just fooling me?" He advanced on her, his steps measured and menacing, causing Nathalie to instinctively retreat.

"Jungkook, I can explain-" she began desperately, but Jungkook silenced her with a glare.

"I betrayed my entire family JUST TO SPEND TIME WITH JACOB!" Jungkook's voice rose, shaking with a blend of rage and heartbreak. His eyes were bloodshot, the veins in his neck bulging with tension. Part of him wanted to rejoice that nothing could stop him from reuniting with Jimin, but another part mourned the loss of the love he had for Jacob, a love built on a lie. "All along, Nathalie? Why?" His voice cracked, a whispered yell filled with anguish as he stepped closer, his knuckles clenched tightly.

Nathalie's eyes widened with fear. She knew Jungkook's anger well, but this was something else, something monstrous. "J-Jacob was yours, Jungkook!" she insisted, backing up until she hit the wall.

"ENOUGH!!" Jungkook's roar was inhuman, a primal sound that made even the walls seem to shake. "ENOUGH WITH YOUR BULLSHIT. I'VE HEARD ENOUGH OF HOW YOU TWO USED ME! HOW YOU FOOLED ME!!"

Nathalie's instinct was to flee, but Jungkook was too quick. In a swift and brutal motion, Jungkook's hand lashed out, striking Nathalie with a force that left her reeling, the metallic taste of blood filling her mouth, sending her sprawling to the floor. Her lips split, blood dripping down her chin.

Nathalie dared not raise her gaze to meet Jungkook's, the weight of his gaze heavy upon her like a leaden shroud. She could feel his presence looming over her, a predator ready to strike. Jungkook knelt beside her, his presence overpowering, and grabbed a fistful of her hair, yanking her head up to meet his gaze.

Nathalie winced at the sharp pain, tears streaming down her cheeks. She couldn't contain her sobs, her body trembling violently.

Jungkook's eyes were cold and merciless. "That was nothing compared to what you deserve," he hissed before wrapping his hand around her throat. "Did you plan all of this, Nathalie?"

She couldn't speak, her breath coming in desperate gasps as she struggled against his grip. Her eyes were wide with pleading.

"I'M ASKING YOU!!" he roared, his face inches from hers.