20. Clown

"Jeon, Jeon Jungkook!" she exclaimed, her voice echoing through the quiet hospital corridor. With a swift tap of her perfectly manicured finger on the front desk, she demanded immediate attention.

"Room 301, Ma'am," the nurse replied, her eyes widening at the urgency in Mrs. Jeon's voice.

Without a moment's hesitation, Mrs. Jeon dashed down the corridor, her heels clicking against the polished floor. She didn't even spare a glance to thank the nurse for the information.

As she reached the door of Room 301, her heart pounded in her chest. With a trembling hand, she pushed open the door and stepped inside, only to be greeted by a scene that left her breathless.

"J-jungkook?" she stammered, her voice barely a whisper. Her eyes widened in shock as she took in the sight before her. Jungkook lay motionless on the hospital bed, his eyes closed, as if lost in a deep slumber.

Tears welled up in Mrs. Jeon's eyes as she mustered the strength to speak. "S-son," she choked out, her voice filled with a mix of fear and love.

****

"Huh?!"

Jimin's eyebrows knitted together in confusion as he looked at Taehyung.

With a worried expression, Taehyung spoke into the phone pressed against his ear, "Yes, yes, I'll tell him," he said before ending the call. He motioned for Jimin to follow him, and without hesitation, they made their way to the garden.

"Minju baby, just wait a minute, okay?" Jimin said, glancing at his mother who was playing with Minju. He stood up from the couch and joined Taehyung outside. Taehyung paced back and forth, clearly in a state of panic.

"What is it, Tae?" Jimin asked, gripping Taehyung's shoulder to stop his restless movement.

Taehyung looked at Jimin, his mouth opening and closing like a fish struggling for words. Finally, he managed to stutter out, "J-jungkook."

Jimin dropped his hand from Taehyung's shoulder, his interest seemingly nonchalant. "What about him?" he asked, sounding uninterested.

Taehyung looked into Jimin's eyes, hoping for some kind of emotional response. But to his disappointment, Jimin remained unfazed.

As usual, Jimin couldn't care less.

Jimin maintained his gaze, waiting for Taehyung to share something more intriguing.

Taehyung sighed, realizing that Jimin was not going to react as expected. "He had an accident," Taehyung finally revealed.

Taehyung waited for Jimin to show some concern, a worried expression, or even a hint of panic. But there was nothing. Jimin remained stoic.

Jimin stepped closer to Taehyung, a smirk forming on his lips. "Oh, okay. Anything else?" he asked casually.

Taehyung couldn't believe his friend's lack of empathy. "You didn't care?" Taehyung asked incredulously.

Jimin faced Taehyung, chuckling to himself. "Huh? Me?" he pointed to himself. "Why would I, Tae?" he asked, walking closer to his friend.

"You're his ex-husband, Jimin!" Taehyung's voice grew louder, frustration seeping through.

Jimin was taken aback by Taehyung's outburst. "Yeah, that's right. But please, Taehyung, focus on the word 'ex'. Remind yourself that he has his own family now, and so do I. It's not my business anymore what happens to him," Jimin calmly explained, his tone demanding.

Taehyung thought to himself, this stupid elf. "And it's not your problem if he can't sign those divorce papers of yours?" Taehyung sarcastically retorted.