36. Baby

"How are you and Jimin?" Taehyung asked, his voice soft, as they drove towards the store.

"We're good," Jungkook replied, his voice a low murmur.

Taehyung stopped for a moment before he looked at him seriously. "Stay away from Jimin."

Jungkook stopped moving and looked at Taehyung for a second with knitted eyebrows. "What?" He exclaimed, couldn't believe what was just Taehyung said.

"You need to—hahaha" Taehyung suddenly laugh confusing the latter. "Chill, I was joking" he raised his both hands, surrendered.

"That wasn't funny." Jungkook said, but sighed in relief, so he just focus on driving.

"You looked like you were ready to kill me." Taehyung said while chuckling.

"And I am." Jungkook playfully glared at him.

"I'm happy that he's being himself again, happy and looking free," Taehyung said, his voice filled with genuine relief.

Jungkook looked at Taehyung for a second, his eyes filled with a mixture of emotions. "I'm happy too because he gave me a second chance."

Taehyung chuckled. "You know, Jimin said to me before that he wasn't going to love someone again after what happened to you both. But look at him now, he's being happy as if nothing happened."

Jungkook stayed quiet, the weight of his past mistakes heavy on his heart.

"I'm just trying to say that Jimin is too forgiving to the people he loves," Taehyung said, his voice laced with a hint of warning. "But please don't abuse that."

Jungkook looked at Taehyung, his eyes filled with sincerity. "I won't. I will not hurt him again."

"As you should," Taehyung said, his voice firm. "We expect that you will not hurt him again."

"I will." Jungkook said, looking at the road

And even Taehyung asked Jungkook to leave Jimin for real, Jungkook surely wouldn't listen to him. He would do everything, and no one can stop him with that.

Taehyung turned to Jungkook, his expression gentle. "Don't feel small when you're with us," he said, his voice soft. "We're not angry at you. And I know you were a victim here too."

Jungkook nibbled his lower lip, his eyes downcast. "I-I thought you and Suga hyung were also angry at me."

Taehyung nodded, understanding the weight of Jungkook's guilt. "Well, yeah, we were angry at you. But we saw how you decided to win Jimin back. And all we wanted was Jimin's happiness, the happiness he deserves."

Jungkook choked back a sob, his eyes welling up. He chuckled, trying to mask his emotions. "I wouldn't waste this chance. And thank you for always being there for Jimin."

Taehyung smiled, a genuine warmth radiating from him. "I treat Jimin like my brother, so you don't need to thank me. It was my job."

Jungkook nodded, a small smile playing on his lips. He knew that Taehyung meant it. He had always been there for Jimin, a constant source of support and love.

.
.

*****
.
.

"Oh, you are here?" Mrs. Jeon said, standing up as she saw Jimin and Minju enter their house. They made their way to the Jeon couple, who were sitting on the couch, their faces lighting up with joy.

Jimin and Minju smiled warmly at them and bowed once they were in front of the couple.

"Hi!" Minju said cutely, waving his little hands at the couple.