24. Happiness

"Where are you going?" Jungkook's mother inquired, her eyes fixed on him as she was sitting in the living room with his hyung, Jin.

"Jimin?" he responded, his voice tinged with uncertainty.

"Are you sure it's a good idea?" His mother stood up and walked towards him, concern evident in her voice. "Isn't it too early? He might get suspicious if he sees you recovering faster than expected," she cautioned, worried that their deception might be discovered.

Jungkook paused, taking in his mother's words. It had been a week since he was discharged from the hospital, and his body had fully healed from the scratches and bruises. However, the problem now was that Jimin and the others remained oblivious to his recovery.

"I'll just tell them the truth and apologize-"

"Don't."

They both turned their attention to Jin, who was making his way towards them. Standing in front of them, he crossed his arms over his chest and spoke with a serious tone.

"If they find out, they'll be angry with you again. They might never forgive you," Jin warned, his voice firm.

Jungkook pondered Jin's words for a moment. His hyung had a point, but he also had a strong desire to be honest with Jimin. He had promised himself that he wouldn't lie to Jimin anymore. However, if being honest would only lead to more trouble, maybe it was best to keep the lie for now.

"Jin is right, son. Focus on regaining Jimin's trust so he can forgive you," his mother added, a small smile on her face.

Jungkook looked at his mother, a bright smile forming on his lips as he agreed with her. "I'll do my best until he forgives me, Mom."

"Yes." His mother glanced at him from head to toe. "Are you going with that attire?" she asked, eyeing Jungkook's black formal outfit as if he were about to attend a high-profile meeting.

"Oh, yeah. After I go to Jimin's house, I'm heading to our building. It's been a while since I've been there," Jungkook explained, checking the time on his wristwatch, which showed that it was already 8 am.

"That's good, I guess," Mrs. Jeon replied, patting her son's shoulder, giving him a boost of courage and strength.

Jungkook turned to Jin, who had a blank expression on his face. "Hyung?"

Jin didn't reply, instead raising an eyebrow in a bored manner. Hyung my foot, he thought to himself.

"Thank you again," Jungkook said sincerely. He wanted to express his gratitude by hugging his hyung, but he knew that Jin wouldn't appreciate such a gesture, so he refrained from doing so.

You might wonder why he was grateful for his hyung.

His hyung had chosen to remain silent, keeping their lie hidden from Jimin and the others, believing that revealing the truth would only cause more harm to Jimin.

Jin shook his head, his expression still blank. Without uttering a word, he walked back to the living room, grabbed his shoulder bag, and then headed towards his cousin and auntie. "Auntie, I should leave now. Namjoon texted me that Princess is looking for me," he informed his aunt, offering her a small smile.

Mrs. Jeon nodded, understanding the situation. "You can go with Jungkook. Your apartment is on his way anyway," she suggested, hoping that the two boys would have some alone time.

Jin looked at Jungkook, waiting for him to say something.

However, Jungkook suddenly felt nervous and hesitated. "Y-yeah, um...," he started, but then stopped himself from calling Jin "hyung" because he remembered that his cousin had said he couldn't address him as hyung anymore. He respected that decision.

Jin couldn't help but notice Jungkook's hesitation and mentally smirked. That's right, you can't call me your hyung until Jimin forgives you, he thought to himself.

"I can give you a ride," Jungkook finally offered, bowing his head slightly, feeling ashamed and prepared to accept rejection.

But he was taken aback when Jin simply replied, "Okay," in a flat tone before walking out of the house.

Jungkook stared at the front door where his hyung had just exited. Shit. His hyung hadn't rejected his offer, and he felt a surge of happiness. He could use this opportunity to be alone with his hyung, to talk about something, and perhaps apologize again. However, his train of thought was interrupted by a sudden pat on his shoulder. He turned to his mother, who was already beaming with a bright smile.

His mother gave him an assuring nod. "Don't waste your time, son," she encouraged.

Jungkook smiled at his mother, feeling grateful, before he left the house