Chapter 1: And Then There Was Ten

A/N: Hello, I'm Ciel, and this is my first book. So criticism is welcome. This is my retelling of the Ben 10 story, but when he's already a teenager with the recalibrated Omnitrix. This will also be a Ben x Hope story, I'll try to stay on point as I go, but keep in mind, I will be skipping over some episodes and then coming back. Viewer discretion is advised. There will be mild cussing too.

Chapter 1: And Then There Was Ten

The Milky Way Galaxy, housing planets of different sizes, with a large prominent Star in the center. The Sun, with it various planets follow suit. Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. With our tiny Dwarf Planet Pluto, but out of all these Planets, one stands out the most. Our Homeworld, Earth, third planet from the Sun. What's so special about Earth? Well, let me fill you in. Earth, over half the planet is covered in water. There is one thing that Earth has, that the other various planets don't have. Life. Human Beings ranging from various races, sizes, age, and genders.

Humans having created various civilizations and evolving in technology (unlike other Galaxies). Throughout history great leaders, dictators, kings, and queens have arose bringing society to where it is now, but our story isn't about history it's about a boy. Not just any boy, but a boy who'd become the multiverse's greatest hero. And this said boy's name is Benjamin Kirby Tennyson. The boy in question was born and raised in Bellwood, located abit outside of California.

Ben Tennyson was your average teenager, his grades average, his athleticism was pretty above average since the boy in question enjoyed soccer. The boy in question was in the middle of a soccer match, the last game of the season before starting his summer break. Ben was stationed at the goalies position. He had brown shaggy hair that he kept a bit slicked back, emerald green eyes, and Caucasian paled skin. He wore a white T-shirt with a black line going down the center, a green long sleeved shirt, green shorts, grey gloves, white high socks, and white and black soccer shoes.

Ben grinned eagerly as the opposing team raced the ball towards their goal, 'Come on, Tennyson, you got this. Final Match of the season. We win this, we'll be state champions. Focus! Here they come!' He thought trying to psych himself up.

Ben watched as the guy kicked the ball towards an open teammate. Who then kicked it towards the goal. Ben immediately launched from his initial stance and dived for the ball. Everyone, on the field and stands watched in anticipation as the brunette dived for the ball. Ben reached and reached before feeling the ball within his grasp. He grinned as he clasped the ball tightly and swirled around before launching it back onto the field towards one of his teammates at the far end of the field.

Ben's teammate grinned as he caught the ball with his chest and raced towards the opposing teams goal. Where he launched it up to his knee, everyone watched the ball soar into the air and soon came back down where he kicked it into the goal. The opposing teams goalie was to slow to catch the ball from being in shock originally. The ball in question hit the net as a loud buzzer noise echoed onto the field signaling the end of the game.

"BELLWOOD WINS!" The Referee announced sending everyone into a fit of applause. Ben grinned widely as he looked to the cheering crowd where he caught sight of his parents, his aunt, uncle, two cousins, and his grandfather cheering for him.

Ben's team crowded around him hoisting him into the air, if it wasn't for him they wouldn't be State Champions. Ben laughed happily as the Referee presented them the trophy, his coach grinned as he handed the boy the trophy as he hoisted it above his head. Cheering even louder than before, Ben stared into the sky grinning like a mad man, 'Can this day get anymore perfect.'