Chapter 24: Merry Christmas

It was about high noon, in the Arizona desert. Just a few hours ago, the Tennyson's had said goodbye to Wes and Kai Green, defeated an alien werewolf, and basically saved the world. Currently they were driving past an area inside Arizona called Death Valley. Just a few minutes prior, Max was fiddling with the air conditioner and it suddenly stopped working.

"Grandpa, please, is the AC on?" Gwen asked as she swatted a paper fan across her face. Sweat was pouring down her face.

"I'm sorry, guys, but the AC isn't working." Max answered, his face slightly red from the intense heat. A few buttons on his Hawaiian shirt unbuttoned and his window open.

Ben had opted to taking off his favorite jacket since it contracted more heat than anyone. The boy sat across from Hope and Gwen, face covered in sweat, "Ugh, I can't take this anymore! Pull over, grandpa, I'll fix the AC."

"While your at it mind turning into Big Chill or Arctiguana?" Hope asked as she wiped the sweat from her forehead.

"Coming right up!" He activated the Omnitrix soon finding Big Chill's hologram and slamming his hand onto the dial, becoming engulfed in an emerald light.

Ben's skin turned a violet, dark blue, and black color. He grew an additional third emerald eye above his nose. His hands turned into claws and his feet into talons with only three toes; two in the front and one in the back. His entire body was wrapped in an old raggedy dark blue cloak and hood with light blue spot patterns scattered around which then unfurrow and become his wings and antenna. His shoulders, chest, and thighs grew armor plating on them. The Omnitrix badge appeared in the middle of his chest, "BIG CHILL!" His eerily ghostly voice erupted. His cloak soon opened revealing a pair of moth wings and antenna.

As soon as the Necrofriggian appeared the temperature in the room immediately started cooling down, "Cool enough for you?" He asked as they sighed in comtempt.

The RV soon stopped on the side of the road with Max soon turning off the ignition, "Alright, Ben, let's go check on the AC."

"One moment." Big Chill soon inhaled before exhaling a large blast of ice within the RV, freezing a large portion of the RV, to keep the temperature cool for the moment till they fixed the RV.

The Rust Bucket door soon opened as Max stepped out with Big Chill behind him. The duo soon reached the hood of the RV before popping the compartment open. Max looked over to Big Chill who had already switched aliens in a blinding emerald light.

Big Chill's body started resembling a dark red and black large crab. His hands turned into pincers with white bands wrapped around them. He grew six crab like legs with a large head that opened up to reveal his large brain. On both shoulders were two metallic circular bolts. Under his large emerald eyes were two smaller eyes with a large mouth revealing his teeth. On his body was a grey waistband with the Omnitrix badge reappearing there, "BRAINSTORM!" The Cerebrocrustacean exclaimed.

Gwen and Hope soon stepped out the RV to find Max and Brainstorm looking at the cars mechanics, "Find what was wrong?"

"No, but we're about to." Max answered as the Cerebrocrustacean leaned into the car's engineering and glanced around. He narrowed his eyes cautiously before, green screens started displaying themselves before him.

Brainstorm looked to be in deep thought before he heard Max clear his throat, "What's the damage, Ben?"

"Oh, my apologies, It seems the RV is leaking and it appears to be a drainage hole. The freon is leaking meaning we need to get it fixed at the moment there won't be any AC. I'd fix it myself, but-" He soon gestured to his large crab hands, "Don't think I'll be any help, sorry grandfather."