Twenty nine: what could go wrong?

Near the ending of a lacrosse game Liam catches the ball and throws it to one of his team mates. It's not a proper game- only rehearsal. Which is why Brett thought it was perfect timing to be an inconvenience. He runs at Liam and knocks him to the ground, Liam grunts out and stands up fast.

Not wanting to look weak in front of Brett, in front of unknown.

He rushes towards a smug looking Brett with gritted teeth but Nolan pulls him back in time, "don't" he warns and glances to the stands. At where Josh watches with a twinkle in his eyes, looking all too interested. "He's not worth it" Nolan says louder and looks to Brett who scoffs.

"I think you might need a matching scar to the one on your chest" Brett jokes and Nolan's face drops, he goes pale but he shakes his head.

"You don't scare us" Liam watches Brett carefully who only smirks as though he knows they do, because how can they not?

"See you guys at the party" Brett says with a wink and goes to leave, he turns around. "Make sure Theo sticks by your side, you wouldn't want to be wondering around alone" Nolan audibly swallows at that and watches Brett leave.

"What the fuck, do you think they know about our plan" he hisses to Liam who shakes his head, feeling the pace of his heart pick up.

"Fuck knows" he says then scoffs, "what plan anyway? They won't fall for it. I won't be able to distract them without them knowing something is up" Nolan sighs at that, because maybe he is right. Or maybe they might be able to be one step ahead for once.

"Whatever happens, we are tearing those mother fuckers apart tonight" Nolan puts his hand up and Liam nods, high fiving it and slowing grinning himself.

Later on Mason and Liam are leaving Gwen and Tracy's, the girls needed help setting up for the party they are throwing and the two were free. It also gave them time to chat about later on and what they were planning to do about unknown.

"The plan's simple" Mason starts as they leave the girl's house, "you distract them, grab their phones. Pass them to me- I'll look around and see if there's anything... criminal on there, put trackers on to monitor their messages" Liam snorts at that, he's acting like he's in a spy movie or something of the sort. But he's glad that Mason isn't freaking out or over thinking how wrong this could all go tonight.

"While you're doing this Nolan will sneak off and look in their room's, he's going to Gabe's as well to see if he's apart of unknown team- I don't think he is. He's not around enough, the third unknown has to be someone close, closer than we think" when Liam's not looking Mason watches him carefully with a calculating look.

Liam stops next to a tree on Gwen and Tracy's lawn, "so are we doing this or what?" He questions and Mason's eyes widen slightly and he starts to grin.

"Yes!" He yells out and grabs his back pack, Mason wanted to do a classic best friend prank and they thought who better to do it on than the girl who's throwing the party? "I've got plenty" Mason tells him as he brings out rolls of tissue and hands them to Liam.

Liam unrolls a few and they start throwing the paper all along the tree, on each branch each twig. They laugh as they do so and forget all their troubles, they haven't had a chance to sit back and do something fun in a while. Too preoccupied with- well, everything that's going on.

"Hey!" They hear and soon freeze from trepidation.

"Uh-oh" Liam says with wide eyes and they slowly turn around to see an angry Gwen running out of the house and chasing them, and a calm Tracy leaning on the door with indifference. The two glance at each other before dropping the toilet rolls, "run!" Mason yells out and soon they are taking off.