Thirty two: born to die

End of May (7 days before)

Liam has a session with Marlowe, he fidgets a lot- too much. His knee shakes, his fingers twitch, all that is chanting in his mind is that he has to tell someone. Tell someone- anyone, everything that's happened. Maybe someone could help them, maybe an adult could help.

The guys told him not to, after he nearly spilt it all to his mom on a call the other day. They said unknown would retaliate, but not if Liam was discreet. If he acted quickly, told someone now then they could use their information to contact the police and tell them what they need to know.

About everything, about the threats, about why Liam was stabbed, how Theo was shot. How Alec died-

"Liam, sweetie. Are you alright?" The voice snaps him out of it, he looks up to Marlowe's kind and sincere smile and he knows he has to. What else can he do? They need help.

"Huh? Oh, yeah I'm fine. I'm okay" he nods- trying to convince himself, his phone lights up and it's a message from Hayden. Asking if their get together on the beach is still happening, and saying that Gwen is joining them. She got out of the hospital not too long ago, she's on pain killers to help with the pain.

Her arm is still broke and she has to wear crutches to walk, with is awkward with a cast on her arm. But she said no to a wheelchair which Liam laughed at, that sounds like her.

"Liam?" Liam turns his phone off and sighs.

"I'm okay Marlowe, I'm just stressed lately. Everything is piling up" Marlowe nods at that and sighs.

"Like, college work?" Liam snorts.

"I guess so" he starts, "that's the least of my problems" he shakes his head and Marlowe gives him a worried look. He glances around the small office and spots a picture frame of Marlowe standing next to a woman and a small boy around seven or eight years old. "Who is that?" He questions with a smile and Marlowe takes the picture frame.

"This is my son Caleb, and my wife Emily" she smiles down at the picture and Liam smiles at her.

"Wow, we've known each other how long? And I didn't know-"

"That I swung for my own team?" She places the frame down, "a bit like you?" Liam's mouth falls open and a loud guffaw spills out at her sass.

"Okay, damn Marlowe" he snorts and sits up on his chair. She gives him a grin before sitting back in her chair and looking down at the clipboard in hand.

"You've done really well this year Liam, very minimal slip ups. You kept your grades up- although some classes could be better than others" she gives him a pointed look to which he throws his hands up in surrender at. "But you've done really well, I'm impressed." He nods at that, glad he's doing something right.

"You're still having check ins with your doctor, and taking your medications?" Liam nods at that and Marlowe sighs with a small smile, "well then I think we're all done" Liam's eyes widen at that.

"Huh? What do you mean?" He questions and she smiles, ripping a piece of paper off from her clipboard.

"We're done Liam, you've really done well this year and in these sessions- I can see your growth. You're making sure to keep up to date with your health, you're doing well in classes. You don't need me anynore" she gives him the piece of paper folded up and tells him to take it to the office. "Our sessions are officially over" he sighs at that, looking down at the paper between his fingers.

She gives him a look, "you don't seem very happy" she concludes and sits back, "you can always come here every now and then to check in, but you don't have to have scheduled sessions anymore. I'm open always- just like I am for everyone, but you don't need me anymore" he nods at that and tucks the paper away.