004

Chapter | Four

Chapter | Four

I couldn't sleep, not after the whole Michael and Pedro Pascal look-alike incident. I sat on my balcony for hours after the party ended. I didn't even care.

How did I not see that Michael had a fiancé?

He had made time to see me three to four times a week and stayed over, we went out often. How did he pull it off? Had he been a genius of cheating or was it me?

Was it me who was stupid and blind? Probably.

"Shit.." I cursed under my breath as the whole situation made me see how fucked it was. The door on the opposite balcony opened and I froze, hoping he wouldn't see me since I was sitting on an outdoor couch.

He closed the zipper of his jeans and was once again shirtless, lipstick marks were all over his neck and chest. This time he had a cigarette in between his lips, he inhaled the smoke and exhaled.

I grimaced at the sight and kept quiet. If he didn't bother me, I wouldn't bother him.

Though it was clear to me what he had been doing before coming out here, he probably had a few women in there. He's a pig. That's what he is.

I bit my lip as I continued to look ahead of me, the slow streets at this time of the morning. It gave some sort of peace. Despite the tornado on the balcony next to me.

"Isobel! Oh I almost didn't see you there" Taron's voice made me jump in my seat but I ignored him. "Oh come on, don't be like that" Taron cooed.

He finished his cigarette and put it in a pot of flowers before leaning over the rail of his own balcony to get my attention.

"Is it our thing now? Meeting out here after we have sex?" Taron retorted with a laugh. Though his comment wasn't funny. I had made a mistake, doing what I had done with Michael.

"Hellooo?" Taron called out amused once more. He sighed when I didn't answer once again. He turned away and for a second I was relieved when I thought he walked back in, but suddenly he jumped over on my balcony.

My eyes were wide in surprise of how he made that jump without falling. Our balconies were not that close. I was surprised as hell.

"Now, tell me what's going on. You got me feeling worried" Taron said as he walked over to me and sat down way too close for my liking.

"I'm tired, I'm only twenty-six. Yet I've been cheated on, lied to and hurt more times than I can count. I'm just tired, okay?" I said, trying to get him to leave.

He looked at me and I looked away, his eyes making me squirm under them. It was intense, like they were working through every wall in my body.

"Hey, look at me" Taron beckoned, the amusement in his voice and on his face was gone. He was dead serious, his hand lifted my chin up and I glared at him as he forced our eyes to lock.