027

Chapter | Twenty Seven

Taron had invited me in as soon as he had seen it was me. But neither of us were talking, we were sitting on his couch. A safe meter between us.

It was quiet, I didn't want to start talking because I simply didn't know what to say, now that I was finally here. My eyes began to wander instead, I took notice of his pictures, awards. All the stuff I assumed he used to hide when he knew I was coming over.

I sighed a little as I realized we weren't getting anywhere. "I'm listening" I said and finally looked up at him. He nodded and cleared his throat, his words started out raspy and hoarse, but the more he explained the eager he became and so his voice lightened up.

It had been panic, the day I came over to shut his party down. He had panicked, afraid that I had recognized him at first, then he had realized it wasn't the case.

When he realized how annoyed I had been that night, he gave me a fake last name. Though of course, when things evolved, he didn't feel he had the right opportunity to tell me. The more time went by and we started dating, the more he didn't know when he should've told me. He fucked up, he knew that.

"I was selfish for continuing things with you when I knew you didn't have the whole truth of who I am. I just–I fell in love with you and I couldn't do it, I'm a selfish asshole, but I wanted more time with you" He admitted and looked down at his hands.

His words alone made my heart clench, I understood, in some sort of way. But it didn't hurt less. "I slowly prepared myself to lose you, I knew this would happen eventually. So, I got every ounce of you that I could, while we were happy," he added.

That explained the clinginess he had shown after New Years.

"I fucked up, I know that. But the only thing that has changed–is my last name and my job" Taron said and looked up at me.

"It's not just a job, it's a job where you have to fake romances with actors and actresses. It's not 'just your job' that changed. You have to fake sex scenes, you have to kiss other people, Taron" I said with a grimace, I found myself tearing up once again and he nodded his head looking down once again.

"Call me selfish, but I wouldn't want to share my partner in any way like that with another–actor or actress," I added. It was the truth, I didn't know how other actors and their wives handled things like this.

Yet, the opportunity to find out and work through, was taken from me when Taron had lied about who he was and had been acting behind my back. That reminded me of the movie where he said his 'boss' was starting to film.

"The new movie you said were starting filming for–are you–" I stopped myself and took a sharp breath. The thought of him kissing an actress and not knowing while we were very much a couple, hurt.