•Chapter 2•

NA'EEM'S POV

Maybe being a single Dad is the most tiring thing in the world, but I don't mind at all.

"So?" Aslam asks bringing me out of my thoughts. "To be honest, no thank you." I declined. "We are not even talking about you anymore but consider Nadeen, you don't want her to grow up with her nannies right? She needs a mother figure." Aslam said and he knew he hit my weak point but I'm not ready to budge either.

"My sisters are enough for that" I argued. "But she's with her Nannies 75% of the time. Nannies you're always changing, she needs a constant Na'eem and you know that too" he said with a pointed look and that made me start rethinking my decisions. "I'll think about it" I said. "Think fast then, I'm leaving" Aslam announced before he stood up. "See you tomorrow afternoon" he adds. "Insha Allah" I nod and he left.

Literally almost everyone is on my case about getting married and while I don't necessarily need a wife, Nadeen needs a mother figure. She can't be with her Nannies all the time, besides she doesn't like most of them and she rarely visit my sisters with her school and Islamiyya.

I don't need a woman in my life, but if that makes Nadeen happy and better than she already is, then I'm ready to sacrifice that part of myself for her.

~

Work is hectic, running a law firm with the TAFIDA name on it even though it's not fully part of the empire makes it worse but there are also things you have to compromise like getting home before your daughter's bedtime to read her bedtime stories.

I like being fully immersed in work, in fact I love it, it helps me not to think of many things I don't want to and prevent me from spiraling.

"Papa!!" She squealed immediately I entered the room. "Hey peach" I replied with the same enthusiasm as I scooped her up and twirled her around making her giggle. She looks so much like her mother when she does that.

"How was school today?" I asked. "Fine" she replied. "We made paintings today" she addsp with a smile. "Really?" I asked and she nodded. "And what did you paint?" I smile. "You, Annem and I" she replied and I paused for a while. "That's good" I nod with a tight lipped smile.

I'm glad she didn't ask her regular question. "Papa when will Annem be back?" She always ask. I always reply with "Soon peach" but I know that's not true. She doesn't ask the questions as much as she does before, maybe she's tired of asking or maybe she's tired waiting for her Annem.

"Ready for stories?" I asked raising a brow and she nodded excitedly. She's already in her PJs. "Alright.....which story are we reading tonight?" I ask rolling my dress shirt sleeve. "Cinderella" she replied. "Okay" I nod with a sigh.

I've read Cinderella as a grown up more than some girls in their childhood and I'm sure I can deliver it off hand but Nadeen prefers when you read it with a book so I opened the first page and start reading.

After about five minutes, she's already asleep. Must be a tiring day for her. I tucked her in before making my way to my own room to have a bath and retire for the night.

~

The next day is as normal as it is, wake up by 6 and go for an hour run, get back, have some tea and dress for work, check on Nadeen and leave for office.

"Hi peach" I smile and she looked up quickly getting away from the nanny who's making her pigtails, her lips trembling, she's about to cry. She hates it when the nannies touch her hair. The nanny excused herself immediately Nadeen came to me.

"Slept well?" I ask scooping her up as I plant a kiss on her forehead. "Yes" she said in a small voice. "Getting ready for school?" I ask again and she just nodded. "Why are we sulking peach?" I asked caressing her cheek and she pointed at where her Nanny was earlier.