•Chapter 3•

MALAK'S POV

Mama is going to kill me.
Mama will freaking kill me....and she'll be happy about it, she won't have to deal with me again. Today, I didn't just embarrass her, but her entire generation.

The unintentional stunt I pulled earlier isn't funny in any way and angle. I know that Uncle Aslam is coming to Kano to check on Inna but I didn't expect him to be in our living room, that too, with a stranger......A handsome stranger, the one that made me froze and couldn't talk for seconds, Yes he's that handsome!

"Get dressed everyone is waiting for you" Nafisa said and didn't even wait for my reply before she left the room. This girl treats me like I'm the younger one and I so much want to kick her ass but Mama will kick mine if I dare do such a thing.

I quickly changed into a light blue wrap dress and a lighter shade of veil before I sauntered down the staircase.
"Ina wuni" I greeted them once again. "Lafiya Sa'adah, Ya kike?" Mr stranger replied. "Alhamdulillah" I replied ducking my head, I'm normally not a shy person but damn....! I'm embarrassed.

After a minute or two of silence, Mama cleared her throat. "Do you like the food Na'eem?" Mama asked. "Yes Sa'adah makes a good cook" he nods. "Me?" I sputter. And why does he like Calling me Sa'adah?

"I can't cook to save my life, well I can, but just the basics, I can't make complicated dishes" I add and he raised a brow while Uncle Aslam laughs and Nafisa cleared her throat with Mama ducking her head. Why am I blabbering? Like I can't keep my mouth shut? Is it because of the handsome Mr stranger?

"Oh shit! Did I say something wrong?" I ask, my eyes bulging out. "Malak is just being modest with her cooking skills" Mama said. "Dear, why don't you go and get some fresh air?" She adds with a tight lipped smile, her eyes a promise of my death.

Instead of going to get fresh air like Mama suggested, I went to the lounge room and tucked myself in a corner.

After a while, I heard a voice together with Nafisa's. Nafisa left but the guy stayed and he seems to be on FaceTime with a little girl who called him 'Papa'

Wait....what is he doing? He's reading a bedtime story to the little girl, that too off hand which means he had done it a lot of times before now and I find it to be super cute.

After a while, a woman told him that the girl is asleep and I think she's his wife.

While trying to catch on to their conversation which I know is a bad thing, I knocked off the fruit basket on the table. "Hold on, I'll call you later" he said and hang up the call.

Ya Allah, please don't let him see me.

"You didn't cook the food?" A deep husky voice spoke from behind.... someone kill me!!

"I told you earlier, I didn't, Mama is trying to play matchmaking, run while you can" I mutter not finding the courage to look at him or I might stare too much. "And if I don't run, what happens?" He asks with an amused smile. Really? "I'm going to Chase you away" I shrugged.

I'm disgusted by the fact that he has a wife and still flirts with me. How does his wife cope with this nonsense? Maybe she doesn't even know, poor woman.

"Sa'adah...." he starts. "Malak" I correct. "I prefer Sa'adah" he said tilting his head to the side with a smirk as if he's challenging me and studying me at the same time.

"Go to hell" I said with a groan as I turned back into the living room and I hear his deep chuckle.
Oh God, the voice, the accent!!! It's not like he has a whole British accent going on, but he surely has the tinge of it that can't be missed at all.