•Chapter 38•

No matter how good this is.... it'll not be as good, long and emotional as the one Wattpad decided to delete overnight

Sigh😔

NA'EEM'S POV

When Sa'adah mentioned wanting to know about Nehal, I never knew she meant right at that moment. It's true I don't talk about her in Sa'adah's presence because of how she may react but what I never mentioned is I also don't know how I'm going to react talking about her again.

"We met at the university" I start then wait to see Sa'adah's reaction before continuing to talk. "I was taking some elective courses in business while I was in my final year and her in her first"

"Nehal was quiet, lonely even and that's probably what attracted me to her. She has no friends and disappear almost immediately after she's done with her classes"

"The first time I approached her, she didn't give me the time of the day. Call it human nature, I only wanted to know her more after that"

"I get it, you spoilt brats have nothing to do other than chase girls so I'll really appreciate it if you leave me alone, I have a scholarship and a CGPA to worry about" that was the first sentence she ever spoke to me that one time I tried to talk to her at the library.

"She continued to ignore me whenever I go to where she is and I never bother to strike up a conversation either, we always sit in silence"

"Until one day she asked what I want from her and I said I only want us to be friends"

"It was awkward at first, I myself don't really have that much friends but it got better with time"

"We meet in our usual place whenever we're both free and I walk her back to her dormitory at night or whenever she's done with her classes"

"The first time I told her of my feelings for her, She completely stopped taking my calls. She stopped answering messages and I don't even find her in our usual meet up places anymore"

"I was writing my finals then and with everything going on, was a caffeine junkie. The first time I saw her after being ignored for days was beside my hospital bed when I collapsed after an exam" I wait to see Sa'adah's expression before going on but she's only scratching her thumb and looking at me with undivided attention.

"Hey, C'mon don't cry" I try to pacify Nehal as she dabs her face with a tissue paper. "I thought I lost you" she whispers. "No you're stuck with me, this is your chance to run" I tease and she chuckles.

"Nehal took it upon herself to see I'm not on caffeine anymore and makes my tea everyday before coming into the campus"

"Life was good and I spend all my free time with her. My friends call me a goner but I don't really care"

"When it was time for me to go to Cambridge and process my masters, she threw a tantrum for days but I think that's only because she cares, so it's cute"

"Even with me being in Cambridgeshire and having busy schedules, we were never too busy for each other. What I look forward to the most is the weekends I take a two hour trip just to go see her bright smile whenever we meet at the train station where she waits for me"

"One night, I was in my apartment not very far from the university because it's the one I was living in before graduating, just haven't broken the lease yet. It was one of the days we met for only an hour or two because she's busy and her call came in"

"Aşkım" she was sniffing and that's all I care about, I don't even wait for her to continue before I tell her I'm on my way.

She comes down to meet me with a tear streaked face in the reception area of their dormitory.