•Chapter 10•

MALAK'S POV

Three days to my wedding and I've already come to a conclusion, life with Tafida is completely impossible. I love Nadeen and I'll love to live with her but I won't be happy at all and a sad person never keeps another happy. It's just not gonna work out.

With that I've made a stupid and reckless decision but I'm past giving a care at this point. I have to make decisions on my own and that's how I managed to sneak out of my house to Adda Billy's because Ya Ahmad is not around and she's the only person that won't snitch me out because I left the house three freaking days to my wedding.

"This is not right Malak, and God forbid if Ahmad should return now, we all have some explanation to do" Adda Billy says immediately she opened the front door for me. "Thank you for letting me have it here" I hug her ignoring what she said. "And you never told me what you wanted to do here" she sighs. "A meeting" I reply looking for a number on my phone. "With?" She raises her brows. "Just a min" I smile apologetically as I move away when the number starts to ring. On the second to the last ring, the person on the other side picked the call.

"Tafida?" I  call. "Yes? That's him, how may I help you?" Na'eem answered sounding very unimpressed by my rude tone. "Now I'm really hurt, you can't even recognise your future wife's voice?" I tsk and there was silence on the other side for a few seconds. "Everything okay Sa'adah?" He ask. "Kinda, depends on how you take it. Heard you're in Kano, I'm sending you an address, we need to talk ASAP" I say and didn't wait for his reply before I hang up. I just finished sending him the address when Adda Billy move to where I stand.

"What are you doing Malak? Your in-laws will be in Kano this afternoon, we need to get you back to the house" She says with a little panic. "You need to chill Adda Billy, I'll be done before you know it and you look so exhausted please go and get some rest" I say placing my hand on her shoulder as I turn her towards the staircase that leads to her room. "I can only rest when I know you're safely tucked in your husband's house" she says climbing the staircase and I only laugh.

~

Half an hour later, I and Na'eem are sitting in my brother's living room and about to do something really crazy. "Why was I summoned princess?" he asks in that annoyingly too good tinge-of-british-accent voice raising a single brow with no effort whatsoever, God I'm so  jealous! I glare at him for the nickname and that only made him smirk. I roll my eyes before deciding it's time to drop the bomb.

"I'm going to call of the wedding" I say and he laughs, like I'm some mad person which made me frown. "And I'm not fucking kidding" I add. "Don't swear" he shakes his head but I ignore him. "Why will you call it off?" he finally ask. "Because I realised I don't want this" I reply. "Interesting! and how will your parents take that?" he crosses his legs and it's now my turn to smirk.

"See I might not be badass intelligent, but I'm smart and I'm not going to tell my parents that I don't want to marry you. I'll call your father" "My what?" He ask amused. "Do you need hearing aids? I'm going to call your father Tafida and do you want to know what I'll tell him? Nevermind, I'll tell you anyways" I look up at him and he's giving me this amused smile, like he can't wait to hear what I have to say.

"So, here it is, I'll call your Father, crying of course because I need to make it believable. I'm going to tell him that you said I should call off the wedding because he forbids you from doing so and I refused because of the respect I have for the elders but then you kept threatening me to do so even when I said no, now you promised to make my life a living hell if I marry you and I'm only telling him that because I don't want Nadeen to grow up in a house where there's no love but just abuse or I would have gladly stayed with you despite the abuse just to make sure both families respect stays intact" I say proud of the story I created.