•Chapter 21•

Still celebrating that comeback people!

MALAK'S POV

The days pass in a blur and before you know it, it's Friday already. I tried my very best to avoid Na'eem and he never pushes me to talk to him either, if you haven't notice I'm still angry at him. He still makes my coffee and I only go and take it when he leaves. Raliya always shakes her head whenever she passes me the coffee but never said anything about it.

He's made Raliya in charge of making sure I take my meal no matter how small the portion is and Yes! The "I'll cancel your admission in the Academy" if you don't eat threat is still hanging above my head. That's why I take a few spoons and fill my tummy with water or I wouldn't at all.

The past few days have been taking a lot out of me and my hardly repressed insecurities are showing all over again and it's really taking a toll on me.

I talked to Mama the other day and told her about Haifa's stay in the house. I don't know why I did that. Maybe I just want comfort from her like any mother to her child but no! I got the opposite of it.

"Malak are watching what you eat? Nafisa tace kunyi magana the other day and you look good, Kin Kara kiba" She says and I say nothing. Nafisa might have said it to spite me or clearly happy of how I'm coping but you never know with that little witch. She can be nice or completely the opposite.

"Malak how much more did you add?" Mama ask. "Uhm, around 2kg" I say and a huge sigh escape her. "You see that girl they brought to your house? She'll steal your husband in a few days. Ayy kin ganta, you know she's beautiful and men go for what's beautiful. He'll take her over you Malak and hopefully he doesn't even throw you out" she said every single word piercing my heart.

"Mama at least you should comfort me about what I'm going through" I say. Anyways I should have known better, all I crave is her warmth but I have to learn to accept I'm not getting that from her as well.

"I'm more than comforting you Malak, I'm also giving you an advice because you're my daughter and I care about you. You have to lose those gained kgs and find a way to maintain that weight. In kinyi kiba, no one wants to be with a woman that looks like a sack" She says and oh does that hurt. I barely noticed the weight I added. I only checked it few days back because I'm so used to it.

I started complaining to Na'eem about it and he told me it's fine, barely noticeable. "And you're still as beautiful as ever princess, always will" he said taking my hands in his. I only nodded but didn't say a word. "Sa'adah, look at me. You are beautiful Okay. Let that sink" he brings my head up with his index and I only nod. "Words" he urges. "Okay" I say and he smiled a little before releasing my hands.

Now with Zarah's words and Mama's I'm just diving deeper into that black hole I find myself in and it's really dark in there, lonely but I'll get over it, I always do. I did it before, this shouldn't be new.

Today being a Friday, I dressed up in a black abaya with white intricate. My new black Dior bag gifted by Zulayha and my Gucci wedge shoes. I'm not exactly tall, tall....so I might like wearing those sometimes.

Friday has always been a less busy day at the Academy so immediately I'm done, I tell the driver to take me to my parent's house. Fadul is moving out of the house in a day. Baba is leaving for Kano for his retirement event. He has officially retired and leaving to go spend the rest of his time with his wife. Also Fadul told me Ya Imran has been a little under the weather these past few days so I also want to check on him. Doctors neglect their health more than everyone in this world.

Thankfully, Fadul's shift doesn't start till 7:00pm and Ya Imran's ended an hour ago so I'm all going to find them at home.

"Hello people" I say immediately fadul openes the door and she laughs hugging. "Missed me? I know you did" I smile. "You flatter yourself way too much" she roll her eyes slightly still smiling. "Come on in" she drags me into the house. First thing first, I go to Baba's living room and chatted for five minutes tops before going to look for Ya Imran.