•Chapter 26•

MALAK'S POV

I listen to Nadeen ramble from the kitchen counter eating her noodles while Raliya cut the fruits and I went ahead to check on rice biryani I am making.

It's been two weeks into Ramadan already and life has been quite peaceful if you eliminate the days I feel like Na'eem should be strangled.

The Tafida family choose a day out of the 30 days of Ramadan to hold a large Iftar for themselves back at thier father's house. Today being that day.

I asked Huda what I should do and she said a little something will do.

So I decided on rice biryani with grilled chicken, tiger nut drink and some fruits. Everyone is taking something, so that should do.

While I don't actually look forward to being with Na'eem's family for obvious reasons, I think some of his siblings don't mind me being there so it can't be entirely bad, I hope

I starve myself on normal days, so having to fast isn't actually a big deal. I go about my day just normal.

"Mama" Nadeen calls as she keeps her fork beside her chopsticks because she insisted on eating with them and failed a minute later.

"Yeah?" I reply not really looking at her as I sort out the rice garnish. "Do you think you can remove Sadiq from our school? I only like Amna" she said innocently and I look up trying to suppress a surprised laugh.

"You don't like Sadiq?" I ask amused as I refer to my cousin and Uncle Aslam's son. She nods almost too quickly. "Why?" I ask and she shrugs just the way her dad would have done it.

"He doesn't like to play with me, doesn't smile at me, call my dolls ugly, pull my hair and calls me a cry baby" she elaborates. I swear to God I know that kid is capable of doing that and he's only 4 years older than her.

"That's a long list Nads. What do you think we should do?" I ask with a little pout. "Tell Aunty Zee to stop him from playing basketball and take away all his video games, he likes those" she suggests and I laugh. "That'll do" I ruffle her hair. It's impressive how she's only 5 and half but still very observant.

"We can make Sadiq apologize and you can be friends. He's your big brother" I suggest leaning from the other side of the counter and she shakes her head almost immediately. "He won't and I don't want to be his friend anymore. I only want Amna" she says so sure of what she's saying I was slightly taken by suprise.

Sadiq you're only 9 and you've started getting yourself in trouble already. Oh dear!

"Fine, I'll talk to Aunty Zee" I smile and she claps her hand excitedly before getting out of the kitchen only for her to come back a minute later together with Lulu.

"Lulu is not allowed in the kitchen, you know that cupcake" I say without fully turning to look at her. "Papa isn't here" she pouts a little. "But he won't be happy when he comes to see Lulu here, do you want Papa sad? This time around I turn to look at her and she shakes her head before turning to leave.

"I'll be in the garden" she shouts. "Okay" I shout back and Raliya shakes her head with a little smile before taking away the bowl of noodles Nadeen left on the counter.

"You look like you're about to collapse, go and get a rest I'll take care of everything" I say to Raliya and typical her would protest but I'm also right about her collapsing any moment so she only nods.

"How you don't get affected in the slightest by this fasting will forever amaze me" she smiles and I laugh shaking my head with a shrug.

Ramadan is my favourite month for many reasons. Apart from the atmosphere and peaceful setting of it, the happiness and calmness which is all a major part. The other part has to do with me not eating much.