•Chapter 13•

NA'EEM'S POV

I  glance at my phone immediately a notification came in. I have been waiting for Sa'adah's reply for almost an hour now.

ME: Hey wife

SA'ADAH: It's too early for nonsense Tafida.

Already up and feisty? I like that!

ME: I'm not here to cause trouble princess. Slept well? Have you met my mother yet?

I've been meaning to ask of her meeting with my mother because I know it's not going to be a pleasant one. She's not Haifa and that's a red flag for her already.

SA'ADAH:  I did meet your mother and she's not exactly my fan. And Zarah said it right to my face, she hates me.

My blood starts to boil as I read the message. I may not be able to do much with Mammah for now because I have to convince her that Sa'adah is not all that bad. It's a gradual process but this isn't the first time I'm doing this. My first wife was also not welcomed at first, but there was a mutual understanding at last. But Zarah? I told her to get out of my business and she never listens, guess I have to do what I might or might not regret later.

ME: I'm sorry. I'll deal with it.

SA'ADAH: Didn't ask you to.

I know that's her way of saying 'Please let's not discuss this' without bruising her ego and I let it go changing the topic. Not to a much more pleasant one though.

ME: Is he still texting you?

SA'ADAH: who?

Oh now she's playing dumb? I'm not In the mood for games. I need to know if he's still texting my wife because I swear to God I'm going to screw him up for that. He didn't treat her right when they were together, even though she never mentioned. But I could see. Now that she's mine even if it's for a year, she's off limits for him and everyone else. Worst mistake you'll make is doubting me and trying my patience.

ME: Sa'adah....is he?

SA'ADAH: Yes.

I'm glad she understood that I'm not here for the games and Yasir is sure going to get a little visit from the firm by tomorrow morning

ME: Ok

SA'ADAH: What does that mean?

You don't have to know about that Princess.

ME: I'll see you in the evening.

SA'ADAH: Budan Kai?

I'm surprised she let it go when I undoubtedly ignored her question.

Me: No. To take you home, love.

I smirk seeing the grey dots appear and disappear for almost a minute before they completely vanished. I just made my wife speechless.

~

Time flew and it was almost Isha prayer. Means time to go get Sa'adah and Nadeen

Sa'adah descend down the staircase while I shamelessly watch her with both my mother and father present. You're staring Aisha whisper to me. She's beautiful I shrug and she laughs. Yeah okay Romeo she nods and waved at Sa'adah before leaving.

Hey Sa'adah I smile and she just sighed without a word while she kneels to greet my parents. This isn't the first time I'm hearing a marriage lecture and it's all same old stuff. After we're done with my parents, we headed to Addi's place. She's staying for a while before travelling back to Daura, where she lives.

"Where are we going?" Was the first word she spoke to me since the beginning of the evening. "Addi's place" I reply her and she nods slightly without much of a word.