1

《《《   𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘣𝘺𝘦. 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳...   》》》

Corinne laughed, falling into the field of grass with her best friend.

"Hey! That hurt!"

"No, it didn't, Teff." Corinne replied, rolling off of Taylor and turning her head to smile at her.

"It didn't hurt for you 'cause you landed on me." Taylor replied, grinning widely, her nose scrunching as she did so.

Corinne's smile softened, scanning her eyes over Taylor's face.

"You're my best friend." She whispered, making Taylor's eyes sparkle.

"You're my best friend, Cor." Taylor replied in the same whisper.

Corinne hugged the girl tightly, tucking her face into the crook of her neck.

"I'm gonna miss you. You'll remember me, right?" Corinne asked as Taylor returned the tight embrace, her eyes closing in bliss.

"I'll always remember you. Even when I'm a hundred years old." Taylor assured, making Corinne smile against her neck.

Corinne pulled back, staring at Taylor.

She wanted to memorize her face. The face of her favorite person in the world.

"You should come with us." Taylor said, making Corinne smile sadly.

"I wish I could. But that's not how it works, and you know that." Corinne replied, feeling Taylor interlace their fingers.

"I know... I just don't want you to have to cry about your dad anymore. I wish we could run away, you know? We could do whatever we wanted. Whenever we wanted." Taylor spoke, her electrical blue eyes lighting up light fireworks at the idea.

"Me too..." Corinne whispered, squeezing Taylor's hand.

"Girls, dinner!" Andrea called, making both girls lift their heads from the ground.

"Coming!" Taylor called back before dropping her head back down to look at Corinne.

"Come on. Mom said she was going to make your favorite."

Corinne nodded as Taylor stood up, holding a hand out for her.

The hand that was always held out for her. The hand that felt like the other piece of the puzzle.

And those eyes. The eyes that were always begging for her to take it.

And like always, Corinne did.

Her hand slid perfectly into place with Taylor's, both of them smiling at each other with a look reserved for them.

Taylor led her inside her house, both of them taking off their shoes.

"There you are." Andrea spoke with a smile. She kissed the top of Taylor's head before doing the same to Corinne.

"Sorry we're late." Taylor apologized as she sat down, pushing the chair beside her out for Corinne to sit at.

"It's okay, sweetie." Andrea waved off, sitting down beside Scott.

"How are your grades, Corinne?" Scott asked after they had said grace and were eating.

"Really good. I only have one B. I'm not as good at math as Teff is." Corinne admitted with a sheepish smile.

"You're getting better." Taylor assured, nudging her shoulder against Corinne's.

Corinne smiled brightly in response, looking down at her plate briefly.